Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Whippet morning.

IMG0390-L.jpg

I am inspired by seeing the other Whippets being worn. My dog walk and outside chores were done in my fine 1950's brown Whippet. I have set aside time today to frame 2 more Sat. Evening Post ads. I posed my hat with one of them. It looked cliche, so I borrowed my wife's signed Rene Lalique Greyhound glass statute to add interest.

Cheers to the dogs, Eric -

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I am so looking forward to it being light in the mornings when I head out to the office.

Whippet today. Roll on Spring!

smugshot40446-L.jpg

David, what a wonderful Whippet. The colors are spectacular!

David, super sharp Whippet.

For me today my new arrived Hückel Foulard.

wear27.jpg

Manfred, that Huckel is one of the finest hats I have ever seen. The color, craftsmanship, and over appearance are breathtaking. Wonderful!!!

img0651ep.jpg

Moss green Stetson, very stiff brim, likely a ranger hat.

Perry, that's an awesome Stetson. I'm really diggin' the overall look. I would imagine it took quite a bit of steam to give that brim a nice "swoop." That's the issue I run into while converting westerns. I must say though, I really like having a shape-able crown and a stiff brim on my hats. It really makes for a durable hat.

Tan Knox Premier is today's lid - this one of my absolute favorites!

6801376043_b39c304795_z.jpg

WOW, Salty, That Knox is awesome!! Great crown shape!

First day wearing my new (old) dobbs fifth avenue.

dobbs2.JPG

Well done, m0nk! The Dobbs looks great on you.

BEAUTIFUL Lid, Ale! You never disappoint. The color is gorgeous!

Whippet morning.

IMG0390-L.jpg

I am inspired by seeing the other Whippets being worn. My dog walk and outside chores were done in my fine 1950's brown Whippet. I have set aside time today to frame 2 more Sat. Evening Post ads. I posed my hat with one of them. It looked cliche, so I borrowed my wife's signed Rene Lalique Greyhound glass statute to add interest.

Cheers to the dogs, Eric -

Great Whippet and great Statue, Eric!!

Shohei

Familiar Face
Love that whippet David.

Beautiful Hückel Manfred, being wet behind the ears here I have not heard of that brand, but a rose by any other name is still a rose!

Looking good in your stetson Perry

Salty I think the matching ribbon and felt on your knox is sharp!

How old and how stingy is that Dobb's? It looks great on you and I like it!

Perfect Strat Ale!

Awesome hat and presentation Eric :D Another fine hound outta the pound! You guys are going to get me in deep making me spend so much time hunting one down and buying one!

That VS suits you pefect Brando.

Today its back to work, back to normal and into my stetson 20. Tonight its to the local hill after work for some turns in this fresh poweder... do you think it would be frowned upon to replace my helmet with fedora?
6802124037_affbc7595e.jpg

m0nk

One Too Many
Thanks Shohei, nice looking stetson there. The dobbs is about 50's-60's, though I'm not 100% sure. It's a 2" brim, and I was a tad worried at first how it would work, since my others are all around 2 3/8" or 2 1/2".

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, Josh, Dirk, thanks so much for the very kind words. Dirk, your right with what you say. "but a rose by any other name is still a rose!"

Eric, Ale, monk, Brando and Dirk, top Hats Today.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Ale, too kind. The german color is schiefer, english, slate. The color and style is similar to the lupo.
Unfortunately the flash distorts the color slightly. I will again make a daylight photo.
Better Photos are in the german & austrian thread.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Perry!... and thanks for that idea. I've fixed it.

020112_3.jpg

The houses on our street are mostly 1890 - 1910 (ours was built around 1894.) Funny, when I did an image search for 32 Plymouth, in the middle of the cars was a photo of 32 Plymouth St. in Buffalo, NY. I did a double take - it looked so much like our house.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
61 Degrees this afternoon in NYC, perfect weather for my lightweight Borsalino Colombo.

b97a2c48.jpg

This one, one of my finest and rarest.

IMG_2857.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Whew! here goes:

Salty, beautiful Knox! I've never seen one like it.

David, Eric, Wondrous Whippets today! and I like that photo, Eric. very cool.

Perry, I don't know what it is about that moss Stetson, but it's a real eye catcher. Of course any green Stetson is going to remind me of my grandfather's ;) looks great on your noggin'.

m0nk, great Dobbs-- the brim doesn't look excessively short to me. I think you wear it very well.

Dirk, That Stetson 20 is simply stunning. I say forget the helmet! (or you could always don a derby.)

Alan, you seriously wear those flat caps better than anyone! I really enjoy your head versatility, as well as your photo variations! As for the other shoe-- we ain't in the clear yet! Do you folks in Western NY get the usual freak blizzard in March like we do out here?

Ale, super Strat, man! and a lightweight Borso already!? That's a cool lid-- what color is it? In one photo it appears a warm light brown (unusual for you, but very sharp nonetheless!) and the second a very moderate grey.

Manfred, THAT is a thing of beauty. Very nice acquisition. It has to be one of the finest I've seen so far on your head.

Excellent work, gentlemen!!! A fantastic start to February.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Alan I knew you'd appreciate the inside shot. Jeff, thank you too. The Colombo is labeled as Opale (Opal) a grayish-silver tan. If that makes sense. The inside shot is the most accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff