Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1930s Echter Borsalino

7231622664_479de45a10_b.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Classic fedora, Manfred. Very nice indeed.

Randoch; I like the stingy brim on you. Although anything you wear is a side to the terrific leather jacket.

Eric -

Thank you, sir. One never knows what's to be found for $20 at a local thrift store. :)

OG, that cafe has quite the ambiance! I can see why it's your favorite.

Daiza, perfect hat for a steamy Tokyo summer. Is it heating up there yet?

H.Herdick

Familiar Face
Manfred, beautiful Mayser.

Today for me also a Mayser - my first fedora, appr. 15 years old. Since then I'm alway wearing a fedora.

No pix at the moment, but for sure not as nice as the Mayser from Manfred. I wore the Mayser in Marocco and I cannot remember how often the hat was soaked. And it still does the job. Good hats!

TipTop

Practically Family
Chinese Cheap and Cheerful Cov-Ver
15756793-md.jpg

15756792-md.jpg

As I recall, it was about $12 from Sierra Trading Post last fall; however, it is very light and breezy, if a bit stickley. Was ideal in a sweltering tent on the lawn/parade field of our local War of 1812 Greenbush Cantonment for a bicentennial celebration.

15756812-md.jpg

Last edited:

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Great work David, I like it a lot! :eusa_clap Got to get my hands on an obsolete digi cam as well.

@TipTop: Thanks for the pointer to the Leica Monochrom, that is surely something special. Too bad it´s so expensive... :(

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Other than dinner last night (ArtLite) I've worn my Brent Black Panama since Friday - very enjoyable.

Earlier this morning, with the Drexel Dragon

bbb-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the IR c0omments guys - I tell you, this set up works great with wedding dresses, the brides love it. Shows all the imperfections in cheapo rental tuxes though.

Ray, yes, I saw some info on the Leica. As much as I'd love to have one, hard to justify, especially with our daughter in college. I do have a Nikon D300 kicking around that I'm thinking of converting to IR - that would do for me. I also know another wedding photographer who bought a D700, just for the IR conversion - seen some of his shots which are spectacular.

If anyone is interested in IR digital photography, my camera was converted by these guys.

TipTop

Practically Family
Thanks for the IR c0omments guys - I tell you, this set up works great with wedding dresses, the brides love it. Shows all the imperfections in cheapo rental tuxes though.

Ray, yes, I saw some info on the Leica. As much as I'd love to have one, hard to justify, especially with our daughter in college. I do have a Nikon D300 kicking around that I'm thinking of converting to IR - that would do for me. I also know another wedding photographer who bought a D700, just for the IR conversion - seen some of his shots which are spectacular.

If anyone is interested in IR digital photography, my camera was converted by these guys.

Gee, David, thx for the link. They are converting new PEN P-3s...maybe I should consider this rather than selling it since I got the new OM-D. I gather you find their work solid...I just wonder about doing this to a new camera...or at least one still under warranty.

PS how about highlighting flaws in cheap fedoras?:eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt