Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Working afternoon - I needed to re-shingle a boathouse, chop wood branches and re-attach a gutter. My Stetson Playboy was my work hat. The work was done at the waters edge and I used the wind cord. The vintage Playboy is a light weight felt, unlined and as such worked terrific in this late afternoon's low 70'sF.

The pic is not staged, but is the real sweating, working fellow. I took the pic, on the way back to the main house when I did stop to admire some of my wife's white roses bushes. The yard smells great. I need to find a way to bottle some of the odor for the cooler, darker winter months.

IMG1521-L.jpg

Wind gusts did take the hat off my head, but it was saved by the 60+ year old windcord. I did find that the cord got knotted in it's use this afternoon. You can see the knots that tightened in the tussle with the wind in the pic. The hat spun like a top and tangled when I was balancing on the ladder with it's feet in the lake. I will address the knots later this evening.

I hope you are enjoying your the evenings. I will head back and sit by the lake. All the noisey folks should be off by now. Ahhhhh..

Eric -

Last edited:

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
The begining of the week it was in the 90's here and today ......Dropped right into the low 60's.....

Back to felt for today's sunny but windy day...

My Penney's Marathon was right at home......

35iowtj.jpg

35btix2.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
The yard smells great. I need to find a way to bottle some of the odor for the cooler, darker winter months.

Succeed at that and you'll be a wealthy man with no CHORES left to do! (I know, I know, you'd want chores anyway. :D)

Great shot, Eric, and kudos from me for pitting your hats against the wild elements.

Nice picture of marital bliss, Javier. :)

OG and Steve, good shots of great lids.

A fine Saturday night and Sunday to each and every one of you folks!

JAVIER

Practically Family
Thanks fellas.
Did a little elbow rubbing tonight; but most importantly as VIPs, we had a great time supporting a great cause, Faces of El Caribe and one or my good clients Nydia Padilla-Rodriguez & Borinquen Dance Theater, Western New York’s premier Latino Dance Company (a Prodigy of the great Garth Fagan {if you have seen the Broadway musical The Lion King, you have seen his award winning outstanding choreography} He was in attendance and was the recipient of a nice tribute.

I won one of my auctions too, a BIG bottle of BACARDI® Limón... going to get my pirate on:eek: and the wife won a raffle too (a really nice centerpiece flower arrangement). Fun Night out and about, and took the Adam along with me (never came off) :D Win-Win!
One last pic.
photobucket-2293-1338677990489.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, thanks for the nice comment! I appreciate it.

Perry, great looking Stetson on your head!

Eric, fine Hat for Work, he looks beautiful!

O-Guy, I like your Penney, sharp looking lid!

Javier, man, you rock it! The Adam looks great on you and you and the lady look sharp too.

Steve, the Wegener Colonel is a great looking Hat. I enjoy mine every day!

cm289

One of the Regulars
Me and junior on a short hike in the NM desert- he's wearing my old Cabela's wool felt "Outback" and I'm wearing a Garrison rabbit felt "Raiders".

Joneses.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
cm289, welcome to the lounge, a good start here with a great photo and Hats, Gentlemen!

Noggin shots! That Borsalino duo.

The Fedora with brim down. Looks better as brim up!

wear101.jpg

The Homburg.

wear102.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for yesterdays Campdraft comments, guys. Although I don't love this cold wet weather, it is nice to be able to wear some felt hats for a while.

Some super hats posted here over the last 24 hours.

Javier, the Adam is looking fantastic - I'm really pleased you were able to get it. You and you lovely wife make a very stylish couple!

cm289 - looks like a neat place for hiking. My hiking and outdoor hat is also a Garrison - David's hats are really well made and one of the best deals around.

Manfred - love your new Borsalinos; especially the fedora. My brim would be down, no question =)

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Can hardly keep up with the pace of this thread and the constant stream of outstanding lids!

Eric: Loving your excellent outdoor portraits of late, as well as your narrative.

Ordinary Guy: Wonderful pictures and hat! Is the ribbon on your Marathon a replacement?

JAVIER: Nothing better than enjoying an evening out with your better half, especially when you are both dressed to the nines and it is for such a worthy cause. Sounds like you had a ball. You look smashing in that ADAM, and you complement your wife very well!

Steve: A real classic. Perfect!

cm289: What a great photo of you and the little guy. Way to go to start him out so young, and kudos for protecting him against the harmful rays of the sun with sunglasses as well.

Manfred: The Borsalino twins look even more spectacular on your noggin! Congrats again on a very nice haul.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
cm289, Great photo of you and the little guy. Fedora and shades great protection and looks cool. Don't forget the sunscreen.

Manfred, The fedora looks fantastic, and the homburg looks as if it were made for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24