Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, Steve and Javier, thanks very much for the kind words, it's much appreciated.
The vacation are great but to short, it's the last day for us
at the sea. Al, I have two Hats and one Cap with me. That's a must! :D

David. superbe looking Optimo! He looks great on you!

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
Lots of cool looking summer hats out there guys, I wish I could afford one of those uberfino Montecristos!
Finally got my summer avatar loaded, I feel cooler already. (104F here today, with wind chill of 109 or so, once again ditched my sweat-soaked Panama at dusk for my SA Beaver 35.)
cheers, hope it is cool somewhere! KC

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Manfred - thanks for the Optimo comment. I seem to be wearing this hat a lot at the moment

KC - I recall some super hot (and waaaaay humid) KC days. Nice Beaver 35 for the evening.

Just for a change, I thought I'd wear the Optimo Monte again today. Looking like the 90's again here in NH.

pan-L.jpg

Manfred - thanks for the Optimo comment. I seem to be wearing this hat a lot at the moment

KC - I recall some super hot (and waaaaay humid) KC days. Nice Beaver 35 for the evening.

Just for a change, I thought I'd wear the Optimo Monte again today. Looking like the 90's again here in NH.

pan-L.jpg
no hat today, just a huge umbrella !!!
vm

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Lots of cool looking summer hats out there guys, I wish I could afford one of those uberfino Montecristos!
Finally got my summer avatar loaded, I feel cooler already. (104F here today, with wind chill of 109 or so, once again ditched my sweat-soaked Panama at dusk for my SA Beaver 35.)

KC, looking sharp in that 35 and linen!

I second that wish for an Optimo Monte. (David, that hat is perfecto on you.)

Cool wishes to all of you sweltering loungers. I feel lucky here in Oregon: it's barely 80 degrees today. :) Hot enough for a Kansas City beer, though! A local store carries the "Single-Wide IPA" from Boulevard Brewing Co. Tasty stuff!

tealseal

A-List Customer
KC, looking sharp in that 35 and linen!

I second that wish for an Optimo Monte. (David, that hat is perfecto on you.)

Cool wishes to all of you sweltering loungers. I feel lucky here in Oregon: it's barely 80 degrees today. :) Hot enough for a Kansas City beer, though! A local store carries the "Single-Wide IPA" from Boulevard Brewing Co. Tasty stuff!

That's funny. I'm having a bottle of Double Wide right now lol
Same hat today as every day: Silverbelly modern OR that I was happily able to reshape thanks to a solid monsoon storm a couple days ago. I love felts in summer!

Watch this channel...there are some new bits of Hatwork in my immediate future

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats fellows.

Che; Sharply capped cooling with 2 scoops I see.

Manfred; Love the Baltic. Visiting relatives in Finland I spent some time on their island in the Baltic. It brings back fond memories. Make fond memories sir with your son.

David; Man that is a nice looking Monti. They look so classy in your pics.

Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Up and about early this morning. The temps were in the 60's F earlier this morning and I headed out downtown MPLS, MN. I picked up a cup of coffee to "cool my heels" as retail shops do not open until 10:00am. I was waiting for the local Allen Edmonds shop to open up. My 50's panama hat and I were the first ones in the shop needless to say.

IMG2176-L.jpg

While waiting I was working on figuring out my phone camera. Here is a pic of the Mary Tyler Moore statue on 7th St. She is tossing her beret in the air. I wish the pics would have turned out better. Since they are of dubious quality I will post up small pics.

n2-Th.jpg

a-Th.jpg

Eric -

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Che-- great photo, cool cap!
Manfred, you wear these things so well! Great shot, too. How about in natural color to see the water?
Eric-- super cool hat, and another great shot. I love these hat/shoe pics, as well as the color of that pug!

Breaking in my new D bar J fedora. It was off the shelf, not custom made, and I bought it a tad big because my head must have been swelling in the Vegas heat! I have hopes of it conforming more. Still, it seemed to fit the best of anything else I tried on and seemed like a versatile daily wearer. Dark moss staple felt with a brownish-copper ribbon and thin binding.

I have to say the sweatband is one of the nicest and most comfortable black leathers I've seen in a modern hat.

imgp7298l.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Chepstow, Now thats a cool pic there & hat MightY Nice Mayser !
ERIC <<<<drooling over that Vintage Panama & hey A & E Strawfut is a Purrrrfect Shoe for that Vintage Panama, did you see those,. I need a pair.
B-Man, Vegas yea that weather does do that & thats a Great Hat Man !!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Chepstow, Now thats a cool pic there & hat MightY Nice Mayser !
ERIC <<<<drooling over that Vintage Panama & hey A & E Strawfut is a Purrrrfect Shoe for that Vintage Panama, did you see those,. I need a pair.
B-Man, Vegas yea that weather does do that & thats a Great Hat Man !!

Seabass; Thanks for the comments.

Strawfut is a dynamite shoe. Our shop is having a summer special -good prices. The manager suggested that I call one of their outlets and see if a pair might be hanging out without a home. I will makes some calls on monday. I was drooling over those and the spectators. I ordered a pair of Wilburs in black with leather mid -soles under the all weather sole and a pair of Kenwood VIP's in black. My small size means ordering and waiting up to 6-8 weeks. No problems as I certanly am not shoeless!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
SBG,
You Have a Excellent Taste for Shoe's & of course Hats
i need those Strawfuts....Say if your a small size E-Bay for Better Made vintage A & E's

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
103 today, so the best I can do is a Semi Colado with vintage ribbon...

Getting ready to head out.....

27wvo5h.jpg

So outside after an hour or so in the 103 heat :

dlj149.jpg

Then late in the afternoon the heat is taking it's effect on everything and everyone, the people and the colors are fading fast....

15nk600.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy