Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Royal Stetson Deluxe

9D6FA07E-347B-460E-A6E9-EEC132E72065-12343-000007684A912E38_zpse84c4cb0.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
It's possible that I've hardly removed this one since I received it Monday... (Falcon Park Hattery "Lawless" repro, shown here in today's pioneer-inspired garb.)

0062copy.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Some very nice hats it seems were worn today!

I just got back from teaching two History classes at my old high-school. The topic was the 1930's, so I brought my hats, and coats. The teacher (my old history teach) said I did a wonderful job, taught her some things she didn't know, and that I should be a teacher... and I am actually thinking about pursuing it as a career. I really enjoyed teaching others.

Surprisingly, the students gave me their undivided attention, as there were NO side conversations, and I had the whole room waiting to hear what I had to say about each piece. I also allowed the kids to feel the hats, and try on my coats, and while I was presenting, I allowed two to come up and wear some items to make showing the class what they are a bit easier. She wants me to come back for when she goes over the 40's & 50's, so I will bring some records and clothing to go along with it!

Sadly, I did not take a photo of me with teaching, so I will do that on the next go around, but here is a photo of me at lunch with my girlfriend, as she spent the day with me at the school (even though it's her 19th B'day today).

I put on the Stetson Derby as it was SUPER windy outside, and my other hats tried to go airbourne the second I stepped outside, ha! So I had to deal with a small hat that left the dreaded red mark on my forehead, but at least this one stays on tight!

teach10.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Getting to the Lounge late due to the West coast time lag. Sitting in my kitchen after I getting in from work, still wearing my Whippet.
IMG_1962_zps24f4392e.jpg

splintercellsz--I'll agree, so many great hats today. I can 't begin to comment on them all, but a few observations:
You are considering a noble profession. And looking good while you're doing it won't hurt. Great combination of the bowler and top coat.
Ale--Beautiful Whippet, and nice photography. Good to meet a fellow painter who likes hats.
Chepstow--love the Borsalino. I assume you added the feather?
OG--the low crown stingy is a nice look.
lauro13--that ribbon (orange? red?) compliments the Royal Deluxe well. I've got my eye on a RSD on eBay right now. It's probably at least a size to large for me, but I could probably have it re-sized.
bowlerman--that's a nice Falcon Park, inspired by a a great hat movie.

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Thanks Durand, the ribbon is original as far as i can tell and is like a metallic fall orange. It's quite different than most of the other hats I've come across in the sense that the color combo just pops.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Lauro - great style!

Jeff - the Lawless looks great on you. Worth the long wait.

Splintz - my one and only derby wasn't a good fit either.

g. - nice photo

Tom - cant beat a good 7X

Adventurebilt for me

smugshot_1025403-L.jpg

Everyone looks really smooth. Special kudos to Lauro's orange ribbon Stetson, and Sam you look very smart with the Carlotta and tweed jacket.
Jeff, you need a shotgun now to complete the outfit! ( and maybe a hounddog or two).

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
g.durand, David, O-Guy and Steve, thank you very much Gentlemen for the nice comments on my 38s Borsalino. It makes really fun to wear him!

John, that hat looks sharp, great shape, color and ribbon!

Perry, wow, what a tall crown! That is a fantastic hat!

Sam, love your Carlotta, that is a real beauty!

David, Mr. Ford can be proud, because you wear your AB fantastic!

Tom, great looking hat your 7x, I dig the swoop!

g-durand, thank you very much for the kind words, you are right, I added the feather, I think it looks not bad!
You look great with the Whippet!

Justin, perfect dressed with the Melone and the Coat. Congrats to you teaching Job!

Jeff, this hat looks fantastic and has a cool design, really, I love it!

Lauro, your Stetson looks very cool with the colored ribbon! Great style.

O-Guy, sharp look with that stingy Brooks Brother, cool the Leather Jacket!

Robert, the Stetson is very cool, congrats to the new one!

g.durand

One Too Many
David-thanks for the compliment on the photo. My wife took it. I believe she was actually trying to get a shot of something else and I just happened to be there. Notice how I'm out of focus. 37 years of marriage will do that.

Chepstow--thank you, sir.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. I was started out the door and then got captured into participating in a on-line meeting with some other gymnastics coaches.

IMG_4543-M.jpg

Hatted in my VS Wanderer (granite) during my on-line meeting. At the end of the discussion, one of the fellows reminded me I was wearing my hat inside - oops. I took a snap so that I could show and own up to my indoor hat wearing behavior.

Humbled and sure to hear about wearing a hat inside from my peers, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy