Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetson 3x Open Road
For some reason auto focus did not want to catch this hat. I took about 75 photos and in the end had to manually focus in order to get it.
IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

g.durand

One Too Many
Alan, chanteuse, Charlz, wine65, case, A'nA--the variety of lids each of you have brought to the dance today is why I show up.

randooch--thank you, sir.

Speaking of variety, I went from Hollywood-brimmed Texas dirt farmer to museum going Mafioso-looking cafe-sitter in one day. We went to the SF Museum of Modern Art this afternoon to take in the Gary Winogrand retrospective before the museum closes for two years to build a new addition.

Museum going can generate a powerful thirst. I wore the Optimo.
Optimo6_zps3a9a2ea7.jpg

Optimo51_zps6381c091.jpg

And then with Winogrand's street photography on my mind, I started pointing my iPhone camera at subjects in front of the museum.
Photo3_zps8e8163c5.jpg

Photo2_zpsc5093576.jpg

Photo1_zps910ae05d.jpg

Last edited:

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
I'm going to be in the City the next few days, and had already planned on taking in the G Winogrand show. There's a bit of street photographer in many of us, ha. You've made me even more intrigued. But I'll miss the SFMoma while closed.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Another great array of hats and pics Al. But where was your Stetson for the Northfield raid?

Much obliged, Perry. Only words were exchanged with the good citizens of Northfield...this time. Very nice Borsalino today.

Lovely photos Al, if I were there, I would have snagged the Supernatural box for my Ecuadorian Panama Hat of New York Milan (now there's a mouthful).

Thanks, Jared. I did not put that Supernatural box back down. ;) They are more scarce than the hats, and this one has that terrific period American Airlines luggage sticker and only set me back a Hamilton!

+1, as always... you certainly have an uncanny ability to sniff out hats to fit a 7 1/2 noodle. I think there is a market for that talent in retirement. ;)

You are too kind, Alan. Splendid Dunlap today...one of the lounge legends.

Al, great photos, great day, great hat, great life!! Sweet find with that boater!

Great appreciation for your kind words, Justin.

Though I've been too tired between sickness and wrapping up the end of our work season, I have been following a few of these threads the entire time. I am just blown away by Eric's lakeside shots, Al's classy pictorials, David's straws and hybrids, An'A's classy southern style, Robert's totally unique array that runs the whole gamut, Alan's SWEET over-the-top chocolate mint western-- not to mention the slurry of Mallories between Alan and G. durand, and the new thin rolled VS of smoothsailor. GREAT stuff!

Here's a quick catch-up for me ;)

Really enjoyed your hat recap, Jeff. All winners. Thank you for your kind comment.

TAR TUESDAY. Count me in with the VitaFelt!

Delectans, is the beautiful building with the clock tower an H.H. Richardson design?

Good eye. Romanesque Revival, but not Richardsonian. Willcox & Johnston, 1887. They were the architects who also designed the F. Scott Fitzgerald Row House in St. Paul.

Al, that are wonderful photos, your pics are always something special, I am always fascinated, with what for a love to detail, you work!
I like the photo of the bottles very much, they have a fantastic deep and and perspective! Not to forgot the excellent hats!

Thank you, my friend, as always for your enthusiasm and kind comments. They are deeply appreciated. Love your leather cap today and your beautiful Homburg over the weekend.

Wonderful hats and photos today, David, Tom, smoothsailor, Perry, Jeff, hatsRme, Manfred, Robert, Eric, g.durand, Alan, chateuseCarey, Charlz, wine65, Sam, Alive'n'Amplified, and Bassman!

Great to see so many fine straws coming out for the season, and a huge congrats to wine65 on your beautiful new Montecristi!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Gt, very nice!

David, that W&W looks like a comfortable warm weather hat! Great choice!

Smooth, a hat in your son's size would set him off! He looks like he was born to wear hats!

Perry, great brim swoop on that one!

Jeff, quite the show of lids! I can't pick which one I like more!

HatsRme, very nice vita!!

Manfred, love that cap!

Robert, that cap looks great on you!

Eric, very interesting felt color on that one... I really like it!

G.durand, is that the "hollywood brim" I see? You pull off that style like no other! (I just saw you changed your lid, and I was right). Great Optimo, and photos as well!!

Alan, an inspiration it is! Great color combo, and great lid for a great guy! Hope you are enjoying what looks to be some better weather!

Chanteuse, I like that one!

Charlz, sweet Hampton! From what I hear, you can't go wrong with an Akubra!

Wine65, great lookin lid you have there!!

Case, I know that feeling all to well when it comes to the cameras! Great OR!

AnA, very sleek Saks!

Bassman, very nice photo & hat!

Aaron, exquisite Knox!

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
My Mallory from FL member Rabbit arrived today, and I'm absolutely delighted with it!

Thank you Nik (Rabbit) for getting it to me perfectly intact... it was a pleasure to do business with you :)

hatym.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot