Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Looks nice!
Everyone is looking great, Eric the vs wanderer is just sublime every time.
The custom hatter from buffalo. Without a doubt the lightest felt I have. In fact it can get crumply because it holds a dry shape so well but changes with the breeze. One of the things that makes it so special, in my opinion. And the liner has a nice breezy mesh. Trying out the browns with blue today:

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful Adam, Eric.

First wearing of the Australia market Akubra Squatter in Superfine Featherweight fur. I remember years ago on the Hattery website they described this quality fur as comparable to Imperial, but a bit lighter weight. I'd say that's very accurate. Though purchased new from the Hattery in Katoomba just a week ago, this particular fedora certainly must have been sitting around for a year or two, as the current model has a liner (I know) and has Imperial fur (I believe). I was given a choice of the modern model or this this older version, as they had two in my size (56). I chose the older version.

The crown has even less taper than my Fed IVs. The dimensional brim (3 inches front and back, 2.5 inches along the sides) works for me.

Akubras run large, and this one is no exception. It will take a while for the sweat to shrink to my true head size. But I'm in no rush. This is the perfect summer Akubra - no liner, and light-weight felt.

View attachment 3340 View attachment 3341 View attachment 3342
Your Aussie Squatter looks real nice Orangegrad. I definitely like the color. I also like the dimensional brim on yours.
Here's a picture of mine for comparison. Mine's the U.S. version of the Squatter. Unlike your dimensional brim mine is 3 inches all the way around. Mine also has holes in the sides for chin straps but they are pretty well hidden by the ribbon...and the biggest difference is the crappy Black color of my Squatter. I love the style of my Squatter but I hate the Black color.

ldos.jpg

Qvist

Familiar Face
I tried to crease a hat by hand for the first time. The hat was a simple center dent stingy which I now molted in to a C crown and gave it a slight brim work. It´s not pretty but at least it´s not uglier than it was :)

9486311809_3bf87ffb9a_z.jpg

9489111722_5bb6061776_z.jpg

9489114816_c3b60545cd_z.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Javier - very nice looking straw.

Eric - that Adam is beautiful. An Executive is on my hunting list.

Andy - Moonstone?

Steve - No matter what the price was the hat looks good, and the shirt compliments it.

Bowlerman - great bow work on that lovely hat.

TJones - I don't think I'm going to convince you that the black squatter suits you no matter how hard I try!

Mikko - Looks a good bash - not easy with a pre-creased wool.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A post bash hat for me today. Olney Crushable fur-felt that arrived with a centre dent, had a very brief spell with a telescope crown, but I'm finally happy with it!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon Gents! All you gentleman are looking great!

alanfgag, love the Dobbs Milan!

SBG, a real classy Adams!

Orangegrad, once again, your new Squatter's really nice! I like that!

Destinys Agent, lovin' the combo...welcome to the forum btw.

bowlerman, I love the ribbon work on that one!

JAVIER, you fit right in on the golf course...lovin' the relaxed look!

Qvist, nice job on the crease!

I posted this pic in another thread, but here I am going native wearing my Squatter and a Hawaiian shirt. Aloha Gents!...

kn63.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon Gents! All you gentleman are looking great!

alanfgag, love the Dobbs Milan!

SBG, a real classy Adams!

Orangegrad, once again, your new Squatter's really nice! I like that!

Destinys Agent, lovin' the combo...welcome to the forum btw.

bowlerman, I love the ribbon work on that one!

JAVIER, you fit right in on the golf course...lovin' the relaxed look!

Qvist, nice job on the crease!

I posted this pic in another thread, but here I am going native wearing my Squatter and a Hawaiian shirt. Aloha Gents!...

kn63.jpg
[/IMG]

+1 Great Looking hat's, Gentlemen, Hard to Top!

TJ, I know you hate the Color but it suits you Super my friend!

Last edited:

JAVIER

Practically Family
Thanks Alan & T. Jones; I was debating between a corporate hat like the masses but had to represent us loungers. Actually my straw hat on Friday got drenched in the down pour, almost bought one of the PGA straw hats, could not bring myself to tossing my lid... Lucky only thing I need will be a new pug ribbon, as the white one got stained.

I wore the Penny on Saturday, the hat was admired by everyone I encountered there was 50K in attendance and yet I stood out in good fashion.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
TJ - though the David Morgan Squatter and the Australia market Squatter may be two completely different hats, both have very full, untapered crowns.

It's interesting - the brim on my Cattleman seems very large (the Cattleman has a very low crow) compared with the Squatter - though both the Cattleman and the Squatter have front/rear brim lengths of approximately 3 inches. A tall crown really helps to make a large brim look not quite so large.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Inspiring lids this weekend as usual gents. Went out for breakfast in The Sovereign Stetson pimped by Bob:

It's one thing to enjoy leftover pizza for breakfast but nothing compares to fresh breakfast pizza. Fast track to a heart attack:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Inspiring lids this weekend as usual gents. Went out for breakfast in The Sovereign Stetson pimped by Bob:

It's one thing to enjoy leftover pizza for breakfast but nothing compares to fresh breakfast pizza. Fast track to a heart attack:

Lookin' awesome my friend! The shirt and Sovereign look good too!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
T Jones, I think I said it last time, but a black fedora really works for you, in my opinion. (of course, now I see you've posted it for trade! Hope you find something, but I'd say it's no big loss if you don't. ;)
Mike, the sovereign is sweet! What did Bob do to it?

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Man, great hats today! Very beautiful and elegant. I also have to agree with what others are saying about that black hat, T Jones, a formal color but I think it works very well for you.

Today I wore my new hat to church! A bespoke hat done by a Peerless Hatters. Love the color of this hat and I like the back bow.

Kejt3t3.jpg

It looks okay on me... I think it looks better on this guy ;)

aCiKWEc.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Akubra Squatter

T Jones, I think I said it last time, but a black fedora really works for you, in my opinion. (of course, now I see you've posted it for trade! Hope you find something, but I'd say it's no big loss if you don't. ;)
Mike, the sovereign is sweet! What did Bob do to it?
Thanks my friend. I'm still trying to warm up to it. Maybe you're right.

RBH

Bartender
I spent the weekend helping Mike and Rocky at the Buckaroo Hatters hat shop.
Here is a shot of us from Friday. {posted in WHAYW thread]

Mike is wearing a M&F western. Rocky and I are wearing Beaver Brand fedoras.

k3qt.jpg

Here is the finger blocker blocks after we got them on the shelf.

axzg.jpg

A few shots of the ribbon from Beaver Brand.

0gt2.jpg

su9w.JPG

k1vf.jpg

bgzy.jpg

8s0z.jpg

7jb4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member