Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Great caps and hats this weekend!!!
Yesterday at Rockys birthday party... it was Buckaroo Hats for the three of us.
Major Moore, me and Rocky.

pxx2.jpg

Good morning! Knocking about in a very stingy Knox Premier Quality today.

Great proportions

It may not be even accurate, but I love the logos inside

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Sorry, didn't intend to sound rude, auto correct strikes again, meant to say screen accurate.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Thank you for all the kind words on the last hat!

g.durand, the weather has been a bit cooler around the morning but it heats up later in the afternoon. We've gotten some rain, thankfully I always keep my hat around.

Today's offerings have been very good, I especially like Job's picture! You both look very good in your hats!!

Yesterday I wore my Roxford hat.

KQDmWH3.jpg

ok gents, have a question. I have the Derby (yes, made in the good 'ol usa), it fits great is in near mint condition. There is only one problem in the 3 years I've had it, I've worn it twice, and once was for a crazy hat fundraiser. I like it, I just don't think i pull it off very well. I've thought about finding a suit that it would go with, but I'm not sure what to look for, and the only times I wear suits are at funerals / weddings and I don't want to be looking like "Hardey" in any of those situations. my wife tolerates my fedoras and barely tolerates my westerns, this kind of pushes her over the proverbial edge :)

IMAG0402.jpg

looks great in black & white, not so much in real life

IMAG0448.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Che, thanks for the comment, bros!

Rob, don't worry, you wear that derby great. You don't need a suit to wear a derby
it looks also great with a Leather Jacket, looks more casual!

Hamilbarca, a nice hat your Roxford!

Michael, very casual with Jeans Jacket, looks good my friend!

Keith, very nice Cap, great pattern too!

Rusty, a belated Happy Birthday to Rocky, you guys looks greats with your hats and it looks like a funny time!

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
Great Black North?

This has become my favorite "go-to" hat. If I had a "go-to" camera as nice as this hat, my shots might be in better focus...

View attachment 5549

Biltmore Rosellini, obtained from Byrnie Utz in a swap plus 20 bucks for a beige Akubra open crown Campdraft that I just didn't get used to (figure a couple of hundred, all in). Some pictures are worth a thousand tiny lies, as this hat is actually a deep black.

The Rosellini has a very sweet hand, and is just stiff enough to resist moderate breezes. For brisker blows, there's a wind trolley. Maybe soon I'll figure out how to deploy it; November is just around the corner, after all.

Keeps its shape pretty well, except for the kicked up right brim from hanging it on a vintage two-hat hook that a friend salvaged from his parents' home before it went for demolition.

It's a bugger to keep clean, possibly because it gets worn in the shop sometimes -- plus during gardening, dump runs, and all kinds of general pharting aboute. Brim is wide enough to feel either cowboy Western or Mafioso eastern, and makes a heck of a sunshade for those solar phenomena Seattleites call "sunbreaks." :cool:

Best thing about this hat: my wife actually likes it, whereas she flatly despises my Stetson Open Road and homburg. Her comment: "You were meant to wear black hats."

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Robfedorafield - i've got to say, I think you pull it off with panache! The proportions really suit your face, and I don't think you need a full-on suit to go with it, like Manfred said. Attitude, that's all it takes! :)

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
ok gents, have a question. I have the Derby (yes, made in the good 'ol usa), it fits great is in near mint condition. There is only one problem in the 3 years I've had it, I've worn it twice, and once was for a crazy hat fundraiser. I like it, I just don't think i pull it off very well. I've thought about finding a suit that it would go with, but I'm not sure what to look for, and the only times I wear suits are at funerals / weddings and I don't want to be looking like "Hardey" in any of those situations. my wife tolerates my fedoras and barely tolerates my westerns, this kind of pushes her over the proverbial edge :)

It looks good on you, and honestly bowlers go quite well with casual wear.

ok gents, have a question. I have the Derby...I like it, I just don't think i pull it off very well...my wife tolerates my fedoras and barely tolerates my westerns, this kind of pushes her over the proverbial edge :)
I think it suits you rather well. If your wife dislikes it that much, you could always give it a light Center Dent crease and tell her it's a Homburg. :D

Beautiful wanderer O.G. That's a fantastic color.
DJH great color of the Courtney too. Good looking hat.
Rob F... every body else. Wear what you want! The bowler is neat.
HB3 thats a sharp hat. Also a good color.
G.Durand impeccable as always. The Mallory is a natural with the trucker jacket.
Keith I love that checked cap. Sharp!
RBH great show of hats. I really dig the Major's blanket coat too. (and your vest) Top Shelf all around.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

What a Way to Wake the Week...WOW!

Great cap yesterday, Stuffy

GDurand your photo of yesterday really tells a story... Great shot!

JOB, it's just not fair using such good-looking models in your photos ;) Handsome!!

RBH what a gathering! You ALL are very lucky. Now THOSE are HATS, guys!

RobDERBYfield(?) I like the bowler. But thankfully, you don't have to sleep with me. Wives' comments are to be considered carefully...

Hamilcar, that could be your most perfect hat. the proportions are spot on for you IMHO.

Jaxworx, sounds like your wife has at least found some hat characteristics she favors. You realize how fortunate you are, right?! Great lid. sir!

Good morning, Courtney!

Lovely VS Ograd... beautiful!

Perry that Stetson is magnificent... Perfect!

Thought I'd get out with my dove-flavoured VS this morning...

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful colr of that VS HatsrMe. Please stay out of open fields with it this time of year.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy