Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Mystic - what a wonderful fedora. I'm not familiar with the name.
gdruand - the ribbon on the Dove is perfect. I haven't seen that ribbon before.
Richard - black on black. Great outfit. As always, you're looking just perfect.

Well, Hannah turned 21 at midnight. She went out partying with her friends as soon as she turned "legal." Yep, I'm feeling old.

Wearing my Cordova Starflower.

View attachment 8550

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
T Jones--thank you for the compliment my friend. Love that big, black western.

Some nice ones today, but I must say Mystic, you're really stealing the show this week. No wonder the judge was impressed.

Heading out for dinner wearing the VS Dove.
photo-80_zpsbfe0e23a.jpg

You're Welcome buddy, and thanks. That is one nice VS! I especially like the ribbon on that hat! It almost looks like a ply ribbon. Something like that, less wide, would go perfectly on a Western! The width on that one is perfect for your fedora though. I really like that!

Richard, The Black Whippet, the black attire, nicely done my friend! You look like a British Secret Agent! Maybe you should have played the part opposite of Diana Rigg in The Avengers!

Last edited:
Today, a dank and dreary day deserves a dark demeanor, doesn't it?! First time for headtime, my new (like NOS!!) Werner Hilton (no relation to Werner Klemperer). Other than a 1952-3 Stetson Homburg, and my first hat buy (1969) big apple scally cap, this is the only black hat I own. TJones will be proud!

Great lids today, gents. Even better than last Saturday... we just keep getting better, and I can't wait for next week, or tomorrow, even!!

Racuda wins for the best smile, via your grandson!

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks, everyone, for the comments on the dove VS.

Andy--the ribbon on the VS is an offering that Art released last year on a new line of hats that he named after streets. The hat is called "Wall and Broad" and the ribbon is described as variegated. It is unique and I haven't seen it anywhere else. It would be interesting to know if he still has it and if he would use it on another custom hat. Hmmm...I'm afraid I'm onto something. Nice JohnnyJ creation you're wearing.

hatsRme--somehow, Ijust can't see you in a dark mood, despite weather and hat color. Nice lid. I have only two black hats and somehow they don't get much wear either. I'm not sure why, since I'm not averse to wearing black clothing. And it's true! We are getting better and better. :)

TOuten--nice looking Penman.

Racuda--great hats, great photo.

mOnk--nice swoop on the Henry.

Joao--spectacular an bold, as usual.

Out of coffee this morning (ouch!), so I made a run to our local specialty roaster while sporting the Dobbs Hanover Square. It's odd how that red lily is always in bloom...
photo1-32_zps654afcc4.jpg

photo2-36_zps5825cb3f.jpg

hatguy1

One Too Many
Project day round the place today. So...no fedora for me. Instead, it's my trusty ol' project hat. Found this hat alongside a road while working a job back in the '90s. Perfect for mowing, painting, landscaping or whatever. It takes a lickin' an' keeps on tickin'!

View attachment 8556

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - that Starflower is a real work of art

Charlie - that looks good, and clearly demonstrates that you need to add more black hats to your meager hat collection ;)

T0uten - Nice Penman.

Joao - that is wide! You wear it well.

M0nk - that Henry looks great.

Racuda - looks like you're both having a great time. Nice hat.

g.d. - The Hanover is wonderful.

Looking good David.

Hatguy1 - I think you're getting your money's worth out of that one ;)

----

Thanks for the comments on the Whippet. I will post shots from today, when I work out where I put my camera...

hatguy1

One Too Many
Love it, Hatguy! You're just getting it broke in, and according to the label, there's another 60 years left...

:D:eusa_clap LOVE IT, hatsRme. All these years of sweating into that hat and I'd never thought of that! Made my day!

Yes, MoK; for a freebie that long ago and certainly not seeing any TLC since I've owned it either, this is one tough cap. Wish some of my more expensive lids were so tough. And I protect and TLC those like crazy.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good Afternoon Gents! Everybody's looking great today!

Joao, you sport those wide brim Westerns especially well my friend!
g.durand, buddy, you chose another winner! That's a beautiful Dobbs!
DJH, Classic! I love that Stetson 7X CB! Nice!
hatguy1, Hey Buddy, I still love the ol' ball caps! I have a closet full! Great work hats!
hatsRme, You did me proud in your black Homburg buddy!
TOuten, Very nice Penman!
m0nk, Love the Henry!
racuda, Hey, I like that Akubra Slouch Hat! I may consider one of those! Nice!

For me on this chilly afternoon from Central Ohio it's a John Galt Indy conversion...It started out as a Resistol 4X Stagecoach Western which I bought a while back from a fellow and new Lounge member, Kingrat....one thing I particularly like about this hat is the super soft leather sweat John G. put in it. The hat fits like it was custom made, (basically it was)! In following Kingrat's lead, I chose to reuse the original lining and sweat bow....Thanks John G. You did a great job on this hat!

2k35.jpg

View attachment 8559

View attachment 8560

View attachment 8561

View attachment 8562

View attachment 8563

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members