Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - I don't know whether you get the 'Where's Wally?' books in Portugal, but this one was a little easier :)

Yes, we have "Where's Wally?" books in Portugal. I already seen some official marathon pictures but I can't find myself :(

For today this Buckskin Diamond Horseshoe Resistol. Yes it is dirty and no I will not trim it's brim.
20140317.jpg

Later in the day I switched to the brown furry Stetson. Sorry no picture...

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good evening Gents! I love the collection of lids today. I'm in a bit of a rush this evening so I apologize for not having the time to comment on all your wonderful hats...

Today I experimented on another of my ORs. I changed the crease in this 3X and switched out the original thin ribbon for a dark brown one. Although, I stayed with the same thin ribbon width and original ribbon style....

Slim_Ribbon_04.jpg

Slim_Ribbon_03.jpg

Slim_Ribbon_01.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Another great display today, guys. I love how each individual expresses his personal style with his hat.

Lee Edgelee this afternoon. More photos in the new hats thread. (Mirror shot makes the ribbon appear on the wrong side.)
photo-112_zpsd08062f5.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joao - no need to trim the brim, you carry the width well, and the dirt adds character.

TJ - I like the strong contrast that ribbon offers.

Alan - lovely Mallory. I like the brim sweep.

g.d. - wonderful looking Lee - great ribbon width.

hatguy1

One Too Many
Good evening Gents! I love the collection of lids today. I'm in a bit of a rush this evening so I apologize for not having the time to comment on all your wonderful hats...

Today I experimented on another of my ORs. I changed the crease in this 3X and switched out the original thin ribbon for a dark brown one. Although, I stayed with the same thin ribbon width and original ribbon style....

Slim_Ribbon_04.jpg

Slim_Ribbon_03.jpg

Slim_Ribbon_01.jpg

A good look to the hat, Mr Jones. I'm always amazed at how a thin darker band can do as much for a light colored hat's look as a thicker one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one G.D.
Do you suppose maybe in another life it had a cattleman crease and was a Mallory version of an Open Road. I want to say Resistol's version was the San Antonio, and with the thin ribbon and a name like the Dallas I imagine they were pitching it to the same crowd.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

g.durand

One Too Many
dh--It's entirely possible that Mallory (at that point owned by Stetson) may have been marketing to the same crowd. Every search on the model name, both with Google and on the Lounge, turns up images of them creased with center dents or more likely with diamond or teardrop creases. It's most likely the Dallas was sold with an open crown as were most of the hats of the era.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Who says no one wears a bowler in London these days?

Outside the Tower of London on Tuesday:

late 60's early 70's Failsworth.

I think it was a one man crusade - I didn't see a single bowler on anybody (no Fedora's either for that matter)...

I'll post more shots in Fedoras afield when I get a few minutes (even if it's not a Fed ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy