Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewJack

Practically Family
Scotty says this fedora is Borsalino inspired. It's an original creation. It is my first of many to come! Having one designed as we speak by VS Hatters (Art Faucett)!

NewJack

Practically Family
orangegrad - Love the 'smooth' and 'sweetness' look of the your VS creation

TJones - Loving the higher crown and brim size of your makeover thus far

DJH - I have more westerns than fedoras...But all that is changing!

g.durand - very nice Whippet! Love the soothing ribbon/color combo! Looking at a vintage 'whippet-like' purchase by Adam Hats from an ebay auction!

Joao - the hat suits you very well!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, a smaller brim for you but still looks good.
Hm. Thanks.

Very nice hand Whiskey colored Beaver, 2 7/8 brim, 5 1/4 pinched crown with 3/8 ribbon w/wind cord (Can't have it blowing away!)
Whiskey is such a nice color.

Thanks, Guys. I've actually worn this hat quite often during this last winter. I've had it with a fedora style crease though; just switched it to western look.
Wish I had one like that.

Joao - add me to the list of people who enjoy seeing the backgrounds in your photos. It has been many years since I last made a visit to Portugal. Cool Nutria today.
Thanks. Been in Portugal before? Only in Lisbon?

Joao - the hat suits you very well!
Thanks!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. Been in Portugal before? Only in Lisbon?

Yeah, really just Lisbon for meetings and trade shows.

So long ago that there was still F1 at Estoril. I have fond memories of l-o-n-g lunches with great seafood (I don't even like seafood) and lots of wine, overlooking the Atlantic.

Thanks DJH! Love the Montecristi! Am familiar with Tom Gomez! I'm just beginning this journey! God help me!!

Thanks, Jack. I'd never worn a hat until 3 or 4 years ago. Now I never leave the house without one. Yep, you need help!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
gear-guy, your wife is sporting a really nice looking straw from Goorin Bros.

Mystic, Now there's a Hommie with loads of character!

Joao, Nice one buddy! I'd love to get my hands on a Nutria!

NewJack, Thanks for your comment on my conversion project. Looks like you're starting your collection off to a really nice start. Very nice hats, and an Art Fawcett VS on the way! Yup. A really nice start! Welcome to the Lounge btw.

DJH, Aw man! What a nice Brent Black Montecristi! I almost had one of those but it barely got away from me! I'm still sick over losing that one. Brent Blacks are one of the best out there too.

hatsRme, Sporting a nice stingy Stetson straw for Mother's Day!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Some nice hats on Mothers Day, gear.guy, Mystic, Joao, NewJack, David and Charlie.
Well gentlemen, you all are looking very good today!

David my friend, thanks that you ask, yes it's all ok! You rock that Brent Black!!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hats today folks.

I'm particularly envious of the straws - not just the hats, but the weather to with them... Warm and wind resistant wool Christy's again today:

ingineer

One Too Many
Beautiful Mother's Day here. Everything is warm and verdant at last.Hope everyone called their mother. Really miss my parents.
Great hats all, even saw Joao smile.
Today low grade straw with new bush shirt.

Richard

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, really just Lisbon for meetings and trade shows.
So long ago that there was still F1 at Estoril. I have fond memories of l-o-n-g lunches with great seafood (I don't even like seafood) and lots of wine, overlooking the Atlantic.
It's bad that there is no more F1 at Estoril :( Even with the changes they made to the track, F1 have not returned. :(
Long lunches are common :)

Joao, Nice one buddy! I'd love to get my hands on a Nutria!
Nutria is such a great felt. I think everyone should get one.

Some nice hats on Mothers Day, gear.guy, Mystic, Joao, NewJack, David and Charlie.

Not me today but my wife as I found a vintage Adam panama in perfect condition today. A nice Mothers day present!
Nice one and does look great on her.

Great hats today folks.
I'm particularly envious of the straws - not just the hats, but the weather to with them... Warm and wind resistant wool Christy's again today:
Thanks. You are in the UK... move down here and get all the sun you want ;)

Great hats all, even saw Joao smile.
Enjoy it as it may take a long time to see it again ;)

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks for the Whippet comments, everyone.
Mystic, Joao--a couple of nice ones, there, gents.

NewJack--that's a fine start to a collection. Some of my best vintage finds have been by way of Scott, that Whippet included. There is no help from the almighty when it comes to allaying the hat-collecting temptation. Just give in to it! And congrats on landing the job.

David--a great looking Montecristi.

hRm--sir, you are looking dandy today. Congrats on the lucky (large) find and getting the weather to wear it.

gear-guy--Wow! The Adam for the wife is spectacular.

Richard--despite the weather, you're as sharp as ever.

ingineer--a nice, functional straw hat that looks like it will do the job.

Garrett--breathtaking.

It's warming up. The Penney's Marathon came out.
photo1-84_zps37ca6863.jpg

photo2-94_zps0660887a.jpg

NewJack

Practically Family
Thanks g.durand! I'll now after the interview tomorrow! But with what I'll be wearing there is little doubt! And I understand. Resistance is futile!

T Rick

Practically Family
So many great hats today guys! Garrett, that Mallory 15 looks a treat (bet it feels as good as it looks). DJH, love the Panama, great it could be brought back to life (need to do that to a few hats myself). New Jack, good luck with the job interview, I don't see how they refuse someone with such good taste in hats. Welcome to the board!

For me today, off shopping and then brunch at home, and off to the cemetery to visit Mom, Grandma and Grandpa, my Aunt and Cousin at the Family plot, wearing the new Cornhill Royal Deluxe Stratoliner.

20140511_124446_zpspb2vgefr.jpg

Then later in the day for yard work, the Akubra Country Club.

20140511_170100_zpsxgwr4mfk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider