Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
David, Great Mallory 10. It has such nice color combos (very Fall like).

Perry, Fantastic! I really like the shade of green and finish on your Clarendon. Also great match with tie.

Greg, Looking sharp in your coffee-brown Cavanagh!

Charlie, Another super Mallory! Beautiful color combo. Wears great too.

Ted, Great vintage form with your NW Hats! Really like the contrasting binding.

Alan, Really fantastic to see the Anton Peschel private label for Oviatt's Austrian Velour in action. It's such a beauty!

Harv, Another great Northwest Hats. I really like what I see from this custom maker.

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
David, thank you for the link the other day. That Mallory is a beauty!

Perry, green is the way to go!

Greg, nice color!

Charlie, beautiful felt. Looks super soft!

Ted, I am liking that ribbon color!

Alan, sharp velour!!

Harv, super NW! Very nice brim treatment as well!

Thanks very much, guys!

This is a beautifully made hat - very soft - it creases if you look at it cockeyed, which makes for a rumpled but dressy look. Rumpled dressy works well with my personality.

;)

tommyK

One Too Many
Me through the eyes of a new iPhone 6+. I look remarkably the same as I did in my iPhone 5 and iPhone 4... just older. It does seem to have good on-board image processing though and does a nice job with a tall order - black velour.
Black felt/velour is where ambient light and my camera's auto focus go to die

Yes, auto-focus really is messed up by black in general and black velour even more so. It helps to have all sorts of skin imperfections to give the iPhone something to lock on to and accentuate in on-board image processing. :eeek:

Looks great, Dark Arcane. I'm sorry you deleted the gravity defying photo. I had a great reply ready to fire off! :)

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Dark, I can see why!

----------

1930s Stetson Stetsonian. I can't get enough of this one.

ate8yruh.jpg

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
Nice hats everyone!

Splintercellsz I know what you mean, I can't get enough of your Stetsonian either! Keep it coming, more angles!
I often wear a new hat for days. Sometimes because it's new toy and sometimes to sort of "train" it to my headshape.

On that note I'm once again wearing my new (to me) Dobbs 20. Which is, apparently, the twin of Dark Arcane's Robert Kirk

View attachment 18307

Dark Arcane

New in Town
Nice hats everyone!

Splintercellsz I know what you mean, I can't get enough of your Stetsonian either! Keep it coming, more angles!
I often wear a new hat for days. Sometimes because it's new toy and sometimes to sort of "train" it to my headshape.

On that note I'm once again wearing my new (to me) Dobbs 20. Which is, apparently, the twin of Dark Arcane's Robert Kirk

View attachment 18307

Hey, sweet!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Splinter, that is an awesome Stetsonian! Hey, I was at Fort Campbell back in the 70's. I lived in a trailer park across the road from one of the gates. Are you on post or off? You don't keep your hats in a wall-locker, do you??

Richard, you and Joao are keeping the Western look alive! That is so cool!

Joao, I really like the Nutria - the felt looks nice. I can see your point about more brim. It looks a bit ... stingy on you!

TommyK, I really like the proportions and color of your Dobbs 20!

smoothsailor, it's so good to see a hat that looks well-used. I love those pictures. You've made the Dove your own!

Dark, I'd like to see that Robert Kirk from a higher angle to see more of the brim.

Alan, I've been looking forward to the iPhone 6's camera. After spending lots of money on cameras and lugging them on vacations, I find I actually use the iPhone's camera more! So I'm hoping the 6's camera is better. I have corrected the rotated iPhone-to-Tapatalk images by running them through PS Express first. Any little edit serves to put them right-side up again.

Harv, I like the ribbon and brim treatment on the Northwest. Is the shirt a Dickies?

Charlie, another one of those in-between brims of yours that I like so much. I am going to have to look into Mallory!

David, I'm definitely going to have to look into Mallory! Thanks for posting, it's beautiful!

Tedq, I like the non-tapered crown. Good Fall hat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou