Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foamy

A-List Customer
At the happiest place on earth this morning
wearing the Stetson Three Way to keep me sane
The MVA in NJ was the worst—and unfortunately, I had a lot of dealings with them. The employees I dealt with had a calculated insolence. All you needed to do was utter one word of impatience or irritation and they'd stretch you out for as long as they cared to, sometimes days—for their own amusement. Don't miss 'em. Though, Glen Burnie in MD isn't much better.

Great looking hat, bash and look of resignation. I feel yer pain.

First time I've heard of a "Three Way." Gotta start checking in more often. That baby looks positively crisp!

Incidentally, that's a great Pollock quote. Love it.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The MVA in NJ was the worst—and unfortunately, I had a lot of dealings with them. The employees I dealt with had a calculated insolence. All you needed to do was utter one word of impatience or irritation and they'd stretch you out for as long as they cared to, sometimes days—for their own amusement. Don't miss 'em. Though, Glen Burnie in MD isn't much better.

Great looking hat, bash and look of resignation. I feel yer pain.

First time I've heard of a "Three Way." Gotta start checking in more often. That baby looks positively crisp!

Incidentally, that's a great Pollock quote. Love it.

it actually wasn't as bad as I expected ... going early pays off I guess... and was just renewing my license so no lines.

thanks for the kind words... the Three Way is a model that Stetson offered in the early 40s for only a brief period.
the marketing ploy they used was that it could be worn 3 ways ... snap front brim, brim up, and brim down all around ... as if any hat could not be worn in all 3 ways :)
... it is a beautiful Premier Vita Felt though and a semi rare hat that is not seen very often

... and yeah I dig that Pollock quote

3 way ad
3_way.jpg

A very happy Friday to each of you. Thanks for all of the kind words about yesterday's C&K.

Today I am wearing a new one to me... a Stetson Royal DeLuxe homburg. It's one of the stingiest brimmed homburgs I've seen. It's got some warts (ribbon and binding could stand replacement), but I just couldn't resist the color combination when I saw it pop up on the bay. View attachment 43181

An addict and his money are soon parted.
Be well. Have fun.
That one does have a nice color to it. No wonder you couldn't refuse. Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner