Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
An early Hawes Von Gal hat that some newer members might not have seen before.

030416.jpg

11.jpg

21.jpg
Indeed a fine hat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gorgeous hats cheered me on weekends.

Monday with rain and damp weather. Marked variability in this first week of March
24vljb6.jpg

Today I wear a French Homburg never presented on FL
f41l6v.jpg

Carlton light gray
The shape is very classic with a very "bulbous" crown
i4k5z5.jpg

I did not make the piches to see the shape
ztahzq.jpg

The ribbon is in contrast with the bound of brim
2hn962q.jpg

The finishes are excellent. It has arrived here new from the late 40, early 50'
Fabulous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
A doctor's appointment today, I have a full medical every year: Weight (I lost ten pounds,) blood pressure, sugar level, eye sight, a range of questions and tests about aging associated problems and on, and on. My doctor is very much old school, so no Aloha shirt today, definitely a collar and tie, I even left the spectator shoes off, though I did wear a pair of black brogues. My doctor wears a trilby, but when the sun shines he will wear a classic Panama, in the summer I've seen him in a Straw Boater, but never in the consulting room. He's a class act, my doctor. There were some forty or so people in the waiting room and of the men, only your's truly wore a tie. Can't have doctor upstaging me. Not knowing what hat he came to work in and having only one trilby, which needs reshaping, I thought that it's two to one that doctor's wearing a straw, so I wore the Biltmore straw. Doctor's felt Trilby was on his hatstand. I didn't have the impudence to ask him to pose.
dra 001.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart