Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If It's an E39 your hands have touched the holy grail of cars [emoji6] [emoji6] [emoji6]

Great hat btw. Both color and bash.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk
Ha! It was an E39 indeed. Not a bad job to do, either. Surprisingly, it was an easier job on the newer BMW than in was on my 71 Ford.
Thank you for the compliment!

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
I am new to the Hat Forum and I am still working on the photography. I have a little more than a dozen Optimo Fedoras, 2 Panama Monticristis and two Milans. Submitted for your consideration, this hat is is an Optimo British Tan fedora.

Picture%20or%20Video%20098_zpsqihqbfhg.jpg~c200
Picture%20or%20Video%20096_zpswzk2wkmf.jpg~c200
Picture%20or%20Video%20091_zpsyllerfxi.jpg~c200
Picture%20or%20Video%20094_zpsxpsqfbzx.jpg~c200

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
I am new to the Hat Forum and I am still working on the photography. I have a little more than a dozen Optimo Fedoras, 2 Panama Monticristis and two Milans. Submitted for your consideration, this hat is is an Optimo British Tan fedora.

Picture%20or%20Video%20098_zpsqihqbfhg.jpg~c200
Picture%20or%20Video%20096_zpswzk2wkmf.jpg~c200
Picture%20or%20Video%20091_zpsyllerfxi.jpg~c200
Picture%20or%20Video%20094_zpsxpsqfbzx.jpg~c200

Welcome aboard! I've been eyeballing the Optimo panama homburg... What do you think about Optimo's panama quality?

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
Welcome aboard! I've been eyeballing the Optimo panama homburg... What do you think about Optimo's panama quality?
I have a an Optimo superfino in a fedora style which is so good I am hesitant to wear it. The weave is tiight and it looks sharp. It is pricey and is the most expensive hat I have purchased. My other Optimo Panama is in the Optimo style with the ridge crown. Less expensive but still good. I have been happy with Graham's products but they are expensive.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
I have a an Optimo superfino in a fedora style which is so good I am hesitant to wear it. The weave is tiight and it looks sharp. It is pricey and is the most expensive hat I have purchased. My other Optimo Panama is in the Optimo style with the ridge crown. Less expensive but still good. I have been happy with Graham's products but they are expensive.

High on the crown is the only way I wear it! The shape of my shaved head actually makes this the most comfortable way to rock it....

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Have you ever had one of those times where everything seems to contrive to go against you? There's been a number of issues that are giving me grief of late. One in particular comes from my lack of techno know how. Haven't got a clue on all sorts of things that for most people seem like, second nature. This one problem stems from PayPal. I needed to pay Esther for my latest hat. Tina, my wife, understands and uses PayPal. She sent Esther her payment in Euros. It didn't arrive. Tina re-checked and found that she had missed the letter 'H' out of Esther's name. She then e-mailed PayPal and explained her mistake. Paypal agreed that payment didn't go through and the transaction was cancelled.

Then the problem started, Tina repaid Esther's bill, but in a moment of probably panic, she paid it in Stirling. I needed to send Esther a few Euros to make up the balance, but she got paid. PayPal then invoiced Tina for both the payment in Euros and the payment in Stirling. Tina got it sorted and was unfazed. I was furious, how can they say that a transaction is cancelled and then charge for it?

In a pm between Esther and myself I had asked her to check her account in case she received both payments, she hadn't of course, but she quickly picked up on my p*ssed off vibes. At the time, Tina was sorting the problem, the lady in Belgium was cheering me up no end. So thanks to Esther, and thanks to Tina for sorting out this unnecessary grief. Here's our favourite Belgium milliner, being her madcap best.

nutcase.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner