Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Y'all have really been bringing the A game this week with the fine lids and witty conversation.

No work today. I couldn't sleep last night. It's tough going with MrsFed away visiting her family in Guayaquil. I was going up to see family in the Seattle area this weekend, but my daughter asked me to go to lunch today and then invited me over for Christmas breakfast, so I'm staying in town.

I'm thinking about dressing up a little for lunch and breaking out the Disney today.

i-RBm9cc5-L.jpg

i-qPBh9s8-L.jpg

i-N7fR7vM-L.jpg

i-nNW6p7X-L.jpg

i-wbDrQjX-L.jpg

Missing my (much) better half:

i-LcS9LQB-L.jpg
Could a couple (and a coupla' fedoras) be handsomer or cooler?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Looking great between the tweeds, Michael!
Thanks Charlie. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there can't be too much tweed in the world. No really, read further down the post I'll say it again. That was a might fine Robley you were sporting today with an interesting back story to boot.

Peeerrrfect.
Thanks Esther, but perfect was the top and hat you were wearing yesterday.

Tweed socks...now that's attention to detail! :)
Looks great. And warm.
Unfortunately the photo I took of them didn't work out. You'll have to take my word for it, grey with yellow, orange and teal flecks.

Wow, that is a lot of tweed you've got there. Love that overcoat.
Thanks Celia. I've tried to rank my overcoats, but the closest I can get is to pick a top three. This one is definitely in that group. There can't be too much tweed in the world.

My errands are done. Time to kick back and relax.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Sun, sun and sun for Friday before Christmas
vetb92.jpg

Barbisio Titan in different light to see the shades of finishing
4rf9ft.jpg

Chamois stamped in front of the sweat band
24omzhc.jpg

Fur felt with velour finishing in medium grey
2zyltty.jpg

Original Barbisio in EU proportions
nccz6b.jpg

Thanks for the likes on StraBarbisio Bolivia of yesterday
Have a nice day and a Merry Christmas!
Looking very good in the Titan, herringbone and turtleneck Daniele. Are you revisiting the 70s too?

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Y'all have really been bringing the A game this week with the fine lids and witty conversation.

No work today. I couldn't sleep last night. It's tough going with MrsFed away visiting her family in Guayaquil. I was going up to see family in the Seattle area this weekend, but my daughter asked me to go to lunch today and then invited me over for Christmas breakfast, so I'm staying in town.

I'm thinking about dressing up a little for lunch and breaking out the Disney today.

i-RBm9cc5-L.jpg

i-qPBh9s8-L.jpg

i-N7fR7vM-L.jpg

i-nNW6p7X-L.jpg

i-wbDrQjX-L.jpg

Missing my (much) better half:

i-LcS9LQB-L.jpg
Fantastic looking Disney Fed. You wear it well.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Off for an adventure, Rose Bowl Hat on the pile of presents on the back seat. I'll catch up with the Lounge tonight in a hotel. Hopefully we will make it past Sacramento by dinner time. 500 miles total to Clovis California to spend Christmas with the fandamnly. If we don't make it, Merry Christmas to all of my Lounge friends! (I'm sure we will be OK, the wife is a worry wort)
View attachment 63480
Have a good trip Red. You'll be making it in style with that hat.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
A very quick picture of today's hat. It's a cheap wool one I bought at a second hand shop years ago, just because I liked the shape of it. I got stuck in a downpour wearing it last year so it's a bit worse for wear since. I always imagined having a copy made of it in proper fur felt with nicer trimmings, but I don't know if a milliner would do that... Not exactly a priority right now anyway.

View media item 1156
This is my last daily hat here for a while as I'm off for the holidays early tomorrow morning and can't take more than a couple of hats with me. I'll try to pop in occasionally to look at all your hats and say hi, and who knows, maybe I'll come across some nice hats on my travels.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas & Chanukah Sameach!
The hat is looking pretty fine on you today Celia. Hope your vacation goes well. And you happen onto a milliner.
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Another Knox Madison Avenue this morning. This one is kind of a light periwinkle (if that's what you would call it).
View attachment 63455 View attachment 63456 View attachment 63457 View attachment 63458 View attachment 63459 View attachment 63460
12121742d9aa3ce2e3640ddab0322902.jpg

Because sunshine (and chain link fence)! View attachment 63462 View attachment 63463

A very merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah to all. I wish you safe and fun-filled days.

Will someone call please call my office to let them know that I won't be in? I really, really don't feel like caring today.
Super lid Matt. I think you are the champion for number of hats that aren't brown, black or gray. You've got gems in every color.

Michael

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
A few flakes of snow this morning. And for me all tweed.
P1220552 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Kevin McAndrew Tweed Hat
P1220553 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And for the rest of me a mix of Harris tweed in the coat and jacket and Donegal tweed in the trousers, sweater and socks.
12-23-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Hope all of your Holiday plans are coming to fruition with ease. Some particularly lovely hats here this morning.

Michael
Per usual, you're looking top drawer Michael!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24