Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday - Selentino Velour

sZGAd3rh.jpg
7fDQMYTh.jpg
Z2Jbc52h.jpg
aeWp7cYh.jpg
Fantastic look! Fantastic finish on that hat.

Hey guys! I've been away on business for a week-and-a-half so I haven't been able to stop in.

Backtracking: I gave my little presentation on how to fold hats to my wife's AP English students. They were very impressed with the little bit of knowledge I had to share and they loved checking out my small (to them huge) collection of vintage lids. In the presentation, I covered different hat types, crown and rake styles, brim types, lining types, fur qualities, popular vintage brands, how to measure your hat size, and (finally) I gave a demo on how to steam, fold, and brush a hat. They loved it! They wanted to know where to find a good beginner fur hat to practice folding—I recommended both ebay and D'Aquino on Etsy (some like vintage; others prefer new). Then they asked where they should go for a good custom hat (for when they feel like they can properly appreciate a good hat)—I recommended MC Gannon based on everyone else's stellar reviews, and also because his price range isn't totally unreasonable for a college student. The kids started a group-chat to geek out about their newfound hat lust.

Anyway! Today, good ol' Lock & Co:

16114259_10102994605149678_3193580766347146548_n.jpg

16105798_10102994605089798_5684609876153768407_n.jpg

15965744_10102994605014948_1565525698898947504_n.jpg

15977371_10102994604985008_3242936154484307047_n.jpg
You are now a flag bearer for the hat world. You need to take your show on the road. Spread the word brother!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
How are you Michael?
Have you overcome the "le vent mauvais" of the season?
As always my compliments for your attire, hats and combination!
Somewhat better today Daniele. But the ill wind is blowing a lot of very icy rain this way today.

Your French homburg today is spectacular. Those tall crowns are great and the felt looks wonderful.

Thanks,
Michael

Early morning light in my atelier and a cup of coffee makes for a happy Esther.

Happy Esther. You crack me up, lady!

Wormser today, thanks to a trade with rclark. Not sure I'll keep the cattleman crease, but the hat fits perfectly. Thanks, Rick!

Nice look, Mark. Good get.

Royal Deluxe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tasty, Perry!

Starting the week under the '50s Crofut & Knapp Forty with the guild edge.

Caught the crud from somewhere. Gonna drug myself... Crawl under my desk, now...

Happy Monday. Hope that it's crud-free.

Stealing a phrase: BEAST!
Feel better, Matt.

Yesterday - Selentino Velour

I always like seeing that one.

View attachment 65275
Bonafied Hat Co in rust.

+1

This beautiful laye 40s Mallory made into my collection from New Orleans to New york modern time. Its been around. Give me your feed back. I even gave you some liner shots.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ooooh! Aaaah!

Stetson 3X to start the week!

Great start, Charlie. Can't wait to see what's in the offing.

Hey guys! I've been away on business for a week-and-a-half so I haven't been able to stop in.

Backtracking: I gave my little presentation on how to fold hats to my wife's AP English students. They were very impressed with the little bit of knowledge I had to share and they loved checking out my small (to them huge) collection of vintage lids. In the presentation, I covered different hat types, crown and rake styles, brim types, lining types, fur qualities, popular vintage brands, how to measure your hat size, and (finally) I gave a demo on how to steam, fold, and brush a hat. They loved it! They wanted to know where to find a good beginner fur hat to practice folding—I recommended both ebay and D'Aquino on Etsy (some like vintage; others prefer new). Then they asked where they should go for a good custom hat (for when they feel like they can properly appreciate a good hat)—I recommended MC Gannon based on everyone else's stellar reviews, and also because his price range isn't totally unreasonable for a college student. The kids started a group-chat to geek out about their newfound hat lust.

Anyway! Today, good ol' Lock & Co:

Good job, Blue. Spread the word.

This is one of my favorite hats in my collection

It is one of the few that I think comes from before the Second World War, but I'm very restrictive with the dating of ancient hats

It is a Thibet Luxe made in France

Its uniqueness is felt. Black, soft and shiny, without having a pronounced hairiness. It is probably a mixture of wool and fur, or if it's just the fur is a special mixture used to achieve a similar result

The dimensions are very similar to homburg last week marked A. France in brown, imposing

The excellent finishes are those of a world that no longer exists in the hats production

Here is the inside of the hat and the particular of the brand
A huge thanks for your likes and conversations
Buon Lunedì

Impressive, Daniele. That hat makes a statement.

Imperial Stetson Vita -Felt today.

Nice.

Monsivais

<smirk!> ;)

NOS Stetson "Windham." Finished overwelt brim.Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Another one I don't get tired of. Hope you're doing OK, Bob!

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Starting the week under the '50s Crofut & Knapp Forty with the guild edge. View attachment 65269 View attachment 65270 View attachment 65271 View attachment 65272 View attachment 65273 View attachment 65274

Caught the crud from somewhere. Gonna drug myself... Crawl under my desk, now...

Happy Monday. Hope that it's crud-free.

With that FINE hat on your head you certainly don't look ill. Of course, who's looking at you, I'm focused on the hat!

A great fedora on one's head always cranks you up at least one notch on the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy