Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Yes! Great hat-tie colour co-ordination there :) love it!

Those white stitches around the brim look good, nice to see a modern hat doing something a bit different

Such a beautiful deep blue. Amazing how good some of the old European wool/fur blends hold up, that kind of quality mix just doesn't get made anymore...

I hope work wasn't too bad with all that sunshine tempting you outside. Another great homburg, but I expect nothing less from you of course ;)
Thx. That why I got it.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Heading out for the typical Friday evening of fellowship under the Adam THE POLAR.
View attachment 68447 View attachment 68448 View attachment 68449 View attachment 68450 View attachment 68451 View attachment 68452

For giggles, I completely reworked the crease. I'm relatively pleased with the results.
Here's the old one...
d26c8cb85a045f8ced238b6167251188.jpg

Friday night is nice. Hope that yours is, too.
Cool new crease and a pseriously psychadelic background (or else I took the wrong right stuff!)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bob, European felts in their texture, color and finish are different from those normally used in the United States.
Normally they are not made of beaver, but mostly mixtures of different furs because, before the advent of modern chemical colors, the mixture of furs used gave the base color from which then proceeded to the final coloration.
The most difficult color to get was the "true" black.
Then the advent of chemical colors has totally changed the parameters.
Also finishing of felt, which is not only pounced, is essential for the color and its variations and gradations of shades.
Maybe with some time I will translate some more information on what is reported above.
Thank you Daniele. I would like to learn more.

Magus

Practically Family
What a beautiful colour and finish! Your top hat picture earlier was the first thing that made

I hope the kids appreciated the effort you put into that outfit!

They did! I got probably 50 kids that said how great I looked. Strangely, the classes were much more well-behaved when I had my coat on during class rather than with it off.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Terry.

It's kind of you to say, but man o' man...
there be a lot of fantastic, enthusiastic regular homburglers
on the Lounge nowadays.

Very different from a couple of years ago...
AND IT'S GREAT!!!!

Me a king???
I think not...

I am but a vassal in the empire benevolently ruled over by
@Daniele Tanto , @mayserwegener

;)
I to count myself as a lowly peasant (vassal wannabe) in this growing kingdom. Here in the northwest corner of Homburgaria. Maybe I can have dual citizenship in the monarchy of Stingydom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui