Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Stetson 3X conversion today. I didn’t do the conversion just changed a bright green ribbon put for this black one.
aaae48e59df449b0f66ec3209880cd1d.jpg
d881d579599a12153ea5efc404de39d3.jpg
281a5170ec44c491d1a47e7ea86fca6f.jpg

Hat looks brown on my phone but is really a dark sage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two hat day, so far. Might go out later. Helped some friends move early this morning (24 Degrees...at least it wasn't raining). I wore one of my "work" hats, my Hat City Hat Co. fedora from Danbury CT. Nice kick around hat, felt forms well, albeit a little stiffish. For brunch we went to a production meeting for our next play at the Community Theater. Wore the Dunstatter Mystery Derby, keeping with the theme of our show.
9Dec17 Hat City Hat co.  Front.jpg
9Dec17 Hat City Hat co. crown.jpg
9Dec17 Dunstatter Derby 2.jpg
9Dec17 Dunstatter Derby.jpg

We are doing Annie (Barf!) in the spring. The play is set in Depression Era USA, so I appointed myself "Hat Wrangler". It will be my mission to keep the hats proper to the period. The costumers were thrilled(?).

I don’t know exactly what it’s made from, but has that melusine finish that a lot of toppers get. Cardboard type bone structure maybe? Seems similar in construction to my 1890s topper.
I don’t tend to come near horses either! Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm thinking this style might be a contender for a Living History hat for our local Historical Society. The house museum is set in the 1860s-70s time frame.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Going with a homburg (and my favorite Vita-Felt) for this beautiful, cold, wet Saturday morning. It was originally purchased at the Young Men's Shop in Washington, DC.

The photo of the store I attach was taken in 1921. So, it is from twenty-something years before the hat's birthday.

May each of you have the most bestabulistical Saturday possible.

Yippee. View attachment 97196 View attachment 97197 View attachment 97198 View attachment 97199 View attachment 97200 View attachment 97201 View attachment 97202 View attachment 97203
wonderful colors for a homburg Matt. it's a real beauty

Dang cold wind out there this morning. 1950s 3X OR is shielding the pate from the worst of it.
DSCN7202 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7203 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7204 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
At least the few flakes of snow that fell last night have disappeared.
12-9-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hope your weekend is starting out well,
Michael
Super nice OR Michael, perfect with that coat
View attachment 97263 Chopping down our Christmas tree in a bone colored Gannon.

@LuvMyMan I’ve had the pleasure of having a few Flagships pass through my hands and this one has a few non-Flagship elements (brim binding, soft felt, shorter brim) but that would have been something.
Looks like everyone is having fun, great Gannon

Akubra Campdraft
Early in the day:
Zv1Kiuih.jpg

Later (pelted by snowballs fit pic)
4NvgRChh.jpg
AF0gt5sh.jpg
dLdHu1uh.jpg
Love snowball fights with the kids

Great look with that guy looking over your shoulder. I'm sure you looked as dapper as that guy in the day.

That is sure a nice conversion John, love that bone ribbon treatment just enough contrast in tone to make it stand out. Impressive.

You really hit it with this one DH, looks perfectly shaped. The crown is more substantial and tall than the last modern Strat I looked at. I think it was one of the economy, coach class models though.

Sweet Ten Jim. You need to step up your snow game though. Not enough for a good coating on that Mallory yet..

If you popped out the crown on one of those Royal Strats, you'd be lucky to get 5".

And try as I might, I haven't figured out how to control the weather. Besides,

https://youtu.be/

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Superb Michael! The whole package works so well together.
Thanks steur. I was so tired this morning after a bout of insomnia that I'm surprised anything went together well.

Great hat and great coat, Michael. The coat could do with a darker hat though, I think.
Thanks again. I think I rather like the light hat with the coat. To the eye the coat has a significant grey element that the camera doesn't seem to want to see today. But perhaps you were thinking of something like this?
DSCN7226 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7229 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The Marathon might work out okay, to some eyes at least. A rare three hat day now.

Borsalino Gulaela homburg today with a military style greatcoat I just had to have (the thing weighs a ton, but it's warm and looks cool). I have to dig through my collection to see if I can match its colour exactly.

View attachment 97302
Super homburg and I'm with Red, let's see more of the coat. What nationality is it?

If I had to pick, I like this OR more than the earlier one. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed, the color does it for me on this one. That USAF(?) overcoat is gorgeous. Wish they would have issued one to me in 1974. All I got was a skimpy raincoaty thing.
Thanks Red. I believe this one is the much more common silverbelly, but I will agree it's a lovely hat. I think it was my last OR pickup. The coat dates to 1951 and I'm trying to ascertain if it is first generation USAF Shade 84 or not. It was custom made in St Louis for one Capt. Alan Parker. I will probably put something about it over in the Overcoats thread after awhile.

Super nice OR Michael, perfect with that coat
Thanks Richard. That is a great looking 3X conversion you are wearing today. I really need to get on the stick and start working on some of my hats that need repairs or conversion work now that it's winter.

Thanks all for the likes and comments,
Michael

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Great look with that guy looking over your shoulder. I'm sure you looked as dapper as that guy in the day.

That is sure a nice conversion John, love that bone ribbon treatment just enough contrast in tone to make it stand out. Impressive.

You really hit it with this one DH, looks perfectly shaped. The crown is more substantial and tall than the last modern Strat I looked at. I think it was one of the economy, coach class models though.

It is great to see you today Adrian. What a great picture of the holiday tradition with the Fam. Nice overcoat.

Love it. You are a great daddy target! Nice hat, have them try to aim more for center mass when you wear that one.

That brim is holding up to the drifts quite well. Fun image.

Sweet Ten Jim. You need to step up your snow game though. Not enough for a good coating on that Mallory yet.

I like it! The finish is nice and shiny, what is it made from? You always have such interesting hats Jeff.

It gets cold enough there to wear a coat? Nice look overall my friend.

If I had to pick, I like this OR more than the earlier one. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed, the color does it for me on this one. That USAF(?) overcoat is gorgeous. Wish they would have issued one to me in 1974. All I got was a skimpy raincoaty thing.
39 f when I took the pic !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Two hat day, so far. Might go out later. Helped some friends move early this morning (24 Degrees...at least it wasn't raining). I wore one of my "work" hats, my Hat City Hat Co. fedora from Danbury CT. Nice kick around hat, felt forms well, albeit a little stiffish. For brunch we went to a production meeting for our next play at the Community Theater. Wore the Dunstatter Mystery Derby, keeping with the theme of our show. View attachment 97303 View attachment 97304 View attachment 97305 View attachment 97306
We are doing Annie (Barf!) in the spring. The play is set in Depression Era USA, so I appointed myself "Hat Wrangler". It will be my mission to keep the hats proper to the period. The costumers were thrilled(?).
Nice pair of hats Red. Wrangling hats for Annie should be fun. How many will be required?

Michael

Two hat day, so far. Might go out later. Helped some friends move early this morning (24 Degrees...at least it wasn't raining). I wore one of my "work" hats, my Hat City Hat Co. fedora from Danbury CT. Nice kick around hat, felt forms well, albeit a little stiffish. For brunch we went to a production meeting for our next play at the Community Theater. Wore the Dunstatter Mystery Derby, keeping with the theme of our show. View attachment 97303 View attachment 97304 View attachment 97305 View attachment 97306
Great looking hats, Mike. The Hat City has a nice look to it.

Cool picture, Bob!

Thanks fellas!

Steur -- love the hat, but the coat ... wow!

Red -- you rock the bowler/derby! Hoping to find one in my size (and budget) one day to see if I can pull off the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko