Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I have been very delinquent posting my hats, but I just had to post this hat my son was wearing during his visit during the holidays. It is a Knox, probably tens or 20's vintage and in great shape.

View attachment 104128
Greetings All:
Miami, super great shot!! He will appreciate that pic Pops took down the road and will smile down to his heart about Pops. Good job Pops, good job!!
Be well. Bowen

For the life of me I cannot seem to get a bash/crease that I'm satisfied with. Trying to decide whether to go tighter or noto_O

Suggestions are welcomed...
Assuming you're referring to the pinch, I always prefer tighter. Photos from July, 2015:

ZQCCAbI.jpg

kObzt0V.jpg

Jeez, why didn't someone tell me I needed a haircut? :D

Thanks Zombie
I'm starting to head back that way. I had a tight pinch on it before and got tired of it but now I'm starting to think I made a mistakeo_O
Naw, a "mistake" would be to throw your hat on a fire or cut it into little pieces and throw it in the trash. ;) One of the great things about fur felt hats is that we can shape and re-shape them as we want.

Great crease on that CD, Al. Hell, if I could grow that hair, I wouldn't care what they said about a haircut. Can one still get a "haircut" out there?
This is Los Angeles; you can get almost anything here. Off the top of my head (no pun intended) I can think of two actual barber shops in my home town alone. In recent years there seems to have been a trend toward the days and ways of old when men didn't have to go to a "salon" to get their hair cut, and can instead pay a more reasonable amount for a simple haircut and an opportunity to "hang out and chat with the guys".

And thank you for the crease compliment. I'd swear that particular hat has a taller crown than my other Campdrafts because I can't seem to crease them quite as high, but that's probably because of my fists of ham and fingers of butter more than the hats.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Got bored with the house and decided it was time to take this Hi-7 on a walking tour of the neighborhood.
DSCN8069 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8071 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Resistol $50 hat in Whisky
DSCN8077 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Wonder what it would look like with a kettle curl?
DSCN8063 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Nice day out here,
Michael
I've been wanting one of those, only in a 7 1/4. What do you have on the open crown height and the brim width?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart