Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried my hand today at reshaping a brim on a western for the first time.

This Beaver Brand was the last hat I bought before I went vintage nuts back in late 2012 or so.

A few weeks ago, one of my best friends said that he wanted me to help him find a western or a slouch hat to buy. Instead, tonight the Beaver Brand went to him after I shaped it like he described.

Doug gives it the first wear as we let our freak flags fly this evening.

I also attach a photo of it from 2012. It's the sole shot I can find of it from before today's reshaping.
a47ee656dd678903d2f71cdda9c5919a.jpg
08dcd0b62c6de5dca9cfbd20da2c82a3.jpg
dae53befd093489d802b1458ccd12b70.jpg
7d1f0981f9499eb88684d0ba9f40099f.jpg
Fine job, Matt and it suits him well.

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Greetings All:
Today it’s a Knox Twenty Custom Edge thin ribbon. I’ll have to do a comparison sometime because i didn’t realize i had posted a thick ribbon one already . Duh..kinda like finding a hat. Anyway, this one is much more flexible all around. Almost floppy. Guess this one is the casual one vs the formal one. Works for me.
Thank you all for kind words of late.
Be well. Bowen View attachment 116139 View attachment 116140 View attachment 116141 View attachment 116142
Great crease. This felt looks amazing.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
TGIF. Off to keep the world safe for democracy under the Gannon Mr. Natural.

e961268eef27944a41afb598da6a598d.jpg

GILLS!! [emoji16]

bac6e021af156368c8d556205ad815fe.jpg
c9b240ea3038df6a0eaccf24ffad05fe.jpg

And to go with the hat - and hopefully get a few toes tappin' and tushies shakin' on a Friday - a little Steve Marriot and Humble Pie.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Bitchin' hat.

Great tune to get the day off to a kickin' start. Thanks.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Listening this morning to the national and international news (via my ear buds) on my dog walk. I am trying to make sense of the challenges that exist. A vtg.Stetson Whippet is perfect for the early morning. Love the brim details on this hat.

i-WNF2sCV-M.jpg

i-ckPd6r9-M.jpg

i-vN8rppC-M.jpg

Outside working on my spring clean-up list. Cleaning out bird feeders while wearing a vtg. Stetson Open Road Twenty-Five.

i-79FRXdQ-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last sunny day for a while. Back to Oregon rain and felts for a week or so. Cappas panama for the day's errands. This was the first hat I bought from NW Hats at the beginning of my addiction. I forgot about the new pug I put on last summer. Like a new hat!

View attachment 116100 View attachment 116101

Beautiful, Mike! A new, or just a different pug can totally change up the mood of a hat. Looks like a happy one you have there!!

Thanks for the inspiration. I have three vintage pugs I bought from Art Fawcett some years ago, and in an unusual turn of events I haven't seen them in about three seasons. Hoping they weren't mistaken for dusting rags, or something else that may have been tossed by the uninformed...

Greetings All:
Today it’s a Knox Twenty Custom Edge thin ribbon. I’ll have to do a comparison sometime because i didn’t realize i had posted a thick ribbon one already . Duh..kinda like finding a hat. Anyway, this one is much more flexible all around. Almost floppy. Guess this one is the casual one vs the formal one. Works for me.
Thank you all for kind words of late.
Be well. Bowen View attachment 116139 View attachment 116140 View attachment 116141 View attachment 116142

That twenty will get you a few hundred, Bo! Fabulous example!!

Listening this morning to the national and international news (via my ear buds) on my dog walk. I am trying to make sense of the challenges that exist. A vtg.Stetson Whippet is perfect for the early morning. Love the brim details on this hat.

i-WNF2sCV-M.jpg

i-ckPd6r9-M.jpg

i-vN8rppC-M.jpg

Outside working on my spring clean-up list. Cleaning out bird feeders while wearing a vtg. Stetson Open Road Twenty-Five.

i-79FRXdQ-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

BOTH are like NEW, Eric. Outstanding!!!

OldStrummer

Practically Family
So, here's the thing: It's been raining like crazy, and I'm still very nervous about wearing a quality hat out in weather like this. So, I took a step backward and donned a hat (cap) that I don't worry about surviving the weather.

Tell me, how do you take an Akubra Campdraft and wear it out in the weather? I keep reading how they stand up and I know that's partly what a hat is designed for, but I still worry about the effects of the weather...
W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24