Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
On that trip my friend Ron Szelag fought a huge Muskie for like 12 minutes in Potato Lake, with a crowd gathering by the shore to watch. Just when we were about to land it on the boat it turned out that our net was too small and it got away!
I know, typical fisherman's story, right?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
LOL, yup sounds like a good fish story. We're gonna need a bigger boat! or Net. :)

Tonio

A-List Customer
Borsalino Grand Lusso Club Feather Weight originally sold in Rome.

There's no corrugation in the sweatband, however underneath the sweat is plastic all around.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

What hat am I wearing? Hell, I can't decide anymore! I might just have to stay indoors today.....nah!
Ever since joining the lounge I have gone down the rabbit hole....Straws & Felts all in a row.
Need to stay off the online buying sites for awhile, catch my breath, and just enjoy each day that comes along. :)

View attachment 127052 View attachment 127053 View attachment 127054

I’d never do that. It’s hard to deny you have a problem when they are all there in front of you. Worse, what if the wife sees after you’ve been telling her that you just have a dozen or so but keep rotating them? Where’s the plausible deniability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I suggest watching the World Cup finals today, Michael? They will start on a little while, and most of the world is getting ready to watch it.
Croatia, with only four million people and smaller than most Mexican States, reached the final against France.
It will be memorable, and the Croatian, Russian, and French women in the stands are gorgeous, so even if you don't like soccer you will be entertained.

You just about lost me until you mentioned watching gorgeous women. Now there’s a sport I can get into!

It is 9:17 a.m. in Mexico City, and I am on my bedroom balcony drinking coffee from my "The House on the Rock Wisconsin" souvenir cup, watching the Wimbledon finals, and waiting for the World Cup finals to begin at 10.
Beautiful day!

One of my two favorite hats, an Optimo Manhattan in Camel. Tiffani sent me some feathers, and I put this one on it as an experiment, thinking I would remove it later. Now I can't get myself to do it. :)

5f05c4941623a6d6707a0acb5c7c5d1b.jpg
7060ccda333f073cf16b7e88c1c07c5b.jpg
93103b744cb9aad1714da4b6adb38ff4.jpg

Great looking hat. I take my feathers out, but that small one looks like it belongs. Strange that Optimo calls the hat camel; on my monitor it looks much more brown. In any case, it’s a fine hat for sure.

hatguy1

One Too Many
Hotter than the hinges that hang the gates of hell today - and humid, too! So, after attending Divine Service this morning, I donned my Cubs 2016 National League Champs polo and my white Panama Jack hat and headed out for a nice, cold beer!

By the way, this is one of the FEW times I would EVER set a hat on its brim.

Cubs 2016 Nat'l League Champs polo shirt.jpg Panama Jack having a beer.jpg

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
I’d never do that. It’s hard to deny you have a problem when they are all there in front of you. Worse, what if the wife sees after you’ve been telling her that you just have a dozen or so but keep rotating them? Where’s the plausible deniability?

LOL...point taken, you're absolutely right. However, I just sent the wife on a 7 day Caribbean cruise with the 2 grand-kids, she has been wanting to take them for a long time. I have the whole week alone in the house to indulge my guilty pleasures. (trapped in a tiny cruise ship room with two teenage grand-kids is not one of them).

So, I dug out all my hats to shape and clean them up a bit and to decide if any need to sent to ebay. Seems I have this great Stetson Playboy from the 50's that may need to go, it is a 7 1/4 Long Oval, my head is so round it just doesn't fit right. The brim goes wonky when I put it on no matter how I shape it. Long Ovals don't work well on me so I may just let it go. Thus, All will be tidy-ed up, back in boxes and back into the closets with my rotation hats neatly placed back on the pegs in my closet. :)

Hardly wore a hat yesterday and forgot to take a picture. Playing around a bit this morning trying out a few.
Hückel Chamois
View attachment 127045

Borsalino fu Lazzaro homburg
View attachment 127046

A couple of dream hats, Stefan! That chamois is incredible. It’s a good thing we aren’t the same size or I’d be tempted to engage in a spot of theft :)

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Great looking hat. I take my feathers out, but that small one looks like it belongs. Strange that Optimo calls the hat camel; on my monitor it looks much more brown. In any case, it’s a fine hat for sure.

Yes, it is much more brown than what I would call Camel. I love it.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
What hat am I wearing? Hell, I can't decide anymore! I might just have to stay indoors today.....nah!
Ever since joining the lounge I have gone down the rabbit hole....Straws & Felts all in a row.
Need to stay off the online buying sites for awhile, catch my breath, and just enjoy each day that comes along. :)

View attachment 127052 View attachment 127053 View attachment 127054
Whew whoo!!! Feelin good right about now!!! My kinda living room!!! Some dandies on that table!!
B

LOL...point taken, you're absolutely right. However, I just sent the wife on a 7 day Caribbean cruise with the 2 grand-kids, she has been wanting to take them for a long time. I have the whole week alone in the house to indulge my guilty pleasures. (trapped in a tiny cruise ship room with two teenage grand-kids is not one of them).

So, I dug out all my hats to shape and clean them up a bit and to decide if any need to sent to ebay. Seems I have this great Stetson Playboy from the 50's that may need to go, it is a 7 1/4 Long Oval, my head is so round it just doesn't fit right. The brim goes wonky when I put it on no matter how I shape it. Long Ovals don't work well on me so I may just let it go. Thus, All will be tidy-ed up, back in boxes and back into the closets with my rotation hats neatly placed back on the pegs in my closet. :)

Cruise...could be fun. Cruise with teenagers...good call on staying home.

Unlike some, I have no compunction when it comes to selling hats. Buy, sell, trade, and if you don’t wear them or if they don’t fit, or if there’s just some vague uncertainty with the hat I say move it on. There are lots who would love a vintage Playboy and you could add the proceeds to your future hat fund. I’m about to sell off a few myself. I can’t resist a cheap hat but I’m going to need to learn because I’m swamped (and still buying more ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko