Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All great hats, Stefan. Good to see a black hat in this thread. They are a rare sight (and lacking in my collection[emoji848])

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
Thanks, Sergej. No black hats in the collection? That is kind of strange since there are so many good ones around. I'll admit though I don't wear mine often enough.

Agnoulita “flecked fur” and the color is “natural.” Ribbon by VS.

e05c3bbca73cb45e8431fb1a013321cc.jpg

8f01b8832e3dae2da8f3f734728692fb.jpg

5fb82a22a981ddf502534e82584587da.jpg

This fuzzy guy is in the “love it or hate it” category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
I'm sure there are. Haven't looked that hard I guess. If you happen to come across something nice in 7 1/2............[emoji16]
Thanks, Sergej. No black hats in the collection? That is kind of strange since there are so many good ones around. I'll admit though I don't wear mine often enough.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wore my Penman Everyman in to work today. About 90 minutes later an email about the dress code hit my inbox. I read it around 11:35 am and dropped my tan Cabela's shirt, security badge and name tag on the wall "inbox" of the Asst General Manager's desk just after I clocked out for the last time at about 11:54 pm.

So this lid can be known as my Take This Job and Shove It Fedora, or TTJSIF. Ha!

i-fv5DNX7-X3.jpg

Last edited:
I wore my Penman Everyman in to work today. About 90 minutes later an email about the dress code hit my inbox. I read it around 11:35 am and dropped my tan Cabela's shirt, security badge and name tag on the wall "inbox" of the Asst General Manager's desk just after I clocked out for the last time at about 12:54 pm.

So this lid can be known as my Take This Job and Shove It Fedora, or TTJSIF. Ha!

i-fv5DNX7-X3.jpg

Was it the prohibition of short shorts?

Sorry to hear that Cabela’s didn’t work for you. I’ve had to follow a strict “uniform and grooming” policy for the better part of 30 years and I can’t wait to be done with it. I was recently reminded that my mustache “...shall not extend beyond the corners of the mouth nor below the vermillion border of the upper lip, or below the corner of the mouth....” You would think in this day and age.... :(

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Damn! That is a beautiful, rich brown felt hat, too. In Mexico we just say "váyanse a la mie....a"
That hat's gotta have a lot of character. Wasn't Cabella about outdoorsy people?
I wore my Penman Everyman in to work today. About 90 minutes later an email about the dress code hit my inbox. I read it around 11:35 am and dropped my tan Cabela's shirt, security badge and name tag on the wall "inbox" of the Asst General Manager's desk just after I clocked out for the last time at about 12:54 pm.

i-fv5DNX7-X3.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

You told him how to pat it down, Stefan, remember?

I brushed it before, but the felt is intentionally tangled to give it the “flecked” look. The soft hat brush bristles didn’t do much. I have an old clothes brush with stiff nylon bristles that I used to bring it to bay. It’s an interesting texture that isn’t heather, velour, longhair, suede, or like any other felt I’ve seen. It like it.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

i-fv5DNX7-X3.jpg
I had to choose what I was going to study when I was 14... (Long story, Mexican educational system, and I was ahead in school) so the reasons for my decision were a little childish... But all wise. Two of them were "I will not have to wear a suit, and I will never have a boss".
As a boss, I try to remember not to be a tyrant, or to sound as if I am entitled to tell people what to wear. I draw the line at jeans at the office, and no earrings on my male assistant. He is a dentist, dammit! But, other than that...

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I brushed it before, but the felt is intentionally tangled to give it the “flecked” look. The soft hat brush bristles didn’t do much. I have an old clothes brush with stiff nylon bristles that I used to bring it to bay. It’s an interesting texture that isn’t heather, velour, longhair, suede, or like any other felt I’ve seen. It like it.

Wild hair.

Dang. Was it the hat, beard or both? Now you have me worried. It was great "working" with you for awhile. At least you went out in style!

Woodtroll

One Too Many

i-fv5DNX7-X3.jpg

Daggone, I sure hate to hear that, but I understand your frustration! I hope you find another job soon, if you need/want one!

Was it the prohibition of short shorts?

Sorry to hear that Cabela’s didn’t work for you. I’ve had to follow a strict “uniform and grooming” policy for the better part of 30 years and I can’t wait to be done with it. I was recently reminded that my mustache “...shall not extend beyond the corners of the mouth nor below the vermillion border of the upper lip, or below the corner of the mouth....” You would think in this day and age.... :(

Being a public servant sure has its down sides sometimes. I get lectured about the length of my mustache periodically too, but in the last couple years they let the young guys start wearing shorts in the summer as part of their "uniform" and showing their tattoos. I have nothing personal against either on the average person, but I don't think they are a professional look for firefighters and medics in our part of the country. I firmly believe the older folks who are some of our most frequent customers expect more, but then many are sick enough that they don't care as long as somebody helps them. As soon as I retire in just a few short years, OUT goes the razor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21