Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Bud-n-Texas, I like a little variety, and I like Homburgs. Your Resistol Ten is a prime example of what I like!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bud-n-Texas said:
P1010448.jpg

WOW that's a really interesting hat. Can someone tell me if this is a common form? I don't remember seeing one of these in this thread before.

VB

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
C crown with slight forward dents - dean

Thanks JT, it is a style of homburg, that I am comfortable with

VT, when I first did it, I thought that it was something new that I came up with. I put some saddle in the brim and it was dubbed “The Texas Treatment” by another lounger. I have since seen homburgs very much like mine in some vintage hat shop photos. Guess it was not original after all. [huh]

Thanks bolt

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Bud-n-Texas said:
...I thought that it was something new that I came up with. I put some saddle in the brim and it was dubbed “The Texas Treatment” by another lounger. I have since seen homburgs very much like mine in some vintage hat shop photos. Guess it was not original after all.

Bud, I know exactly how you feel. Some time back, I was trying for a "horseshoe" crown on a cowboy hat. I just couldn't get a good feeling about it, so I started playing with variations. What I finally settled on was so unique that neither I, nor my wife, nor anybody who saw it could remember ever having beheld that crease, before.

Then, one night, I was watching Turner Classic Movies, and right there in the middle of an early "talkie" western, there was a guy wearing a hat with my "brand new original creation" crease. :(

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mallory Classic Quality

This my friends is a perfect 1950s example. It is Fine in every way.
DSCN6514.jpg

DSCN6510.jpg

DSCN6512.jpg

DSCN6513.jpg

DSCN6516.jpg

DSCN6517.jpg

DSCN6519.jpg

DSCN6522.jpg

DSCN6505.jpg

DSCN6503.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.