Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Friday- Tam
n714002214_432367_2215.jpg

Sat and Sun- glengarry
n714002214_432384_8306-1.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
mingoslim said:
030108b.jpg

For those who want to know . . . it is a mid-1960s Stetson OR custom, and the color really is a sage/minto green . . .

Mingoslim -- That is an absolutely gorgeous OR! :eusa_clap It's funny, but with all of the willow green and sage green lids that Stetson used to advertise back in the day, I've always wondered why I've never seen a willow/sage green OR. [huh] I've always thought that would be a killer color for an OR -- and it is!

Can you tell us any more about that lid? What makes it "custom" exactly? Any photos of the interior would also be great, if you get a chance.

Anyway -- great lid!

Cheers,
JtL

mingoslim

Practically Family
Won't promise pics . . .

I will try to get some out . . . One item on my to do list is to take pics of all my current lids (to share, and for insurance purposes ;) ) . . .

I can tell you that according to the original box, and the info on the inside of the hat that this hat was made as a presentation hat (thus the custom) . . . no Year, but based upon the same info, I place it as mid 60s . . .

And yes, a lot of great colors were advertised, but we seem to see precious few of them . . . The color on this one is specatacular . . . and surprisingly versatile . . . goes with browns, blacks, olives and also blues . . .

Stay tuned and perhaps I will have more pics to share . . . ;)

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Open Road graciously reworked by Majormoore. Recently dressed up with a Navy Aviation Ordinance tech Warrant Officer collar device as a hat pin. Looks sharp on a Natural colored OR.... Once an Ordie, always an Ordie.

RBH

Bartender
plain old dave said:
Open Road graciously reworked by Majormoore. Recently dressed up with a Navy Aviation Ordinance tech Warrant Officer collar device as a hat pin. Looks sharp on a Natural colored OR.... Once an Ordie, always an Ordie.
AND... where are the photos??? :D
I know of the Majors work.... and would love to see this hat.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I got my new DeSina in today. I'll make a new thread for it...but it's a good fit and I'm liking it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou