Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chuck Bobuck said:
Thanks Bob,
This was an eBay find and it came asymmetrically crushed on one side. It had been improperly bashed and neglected. I could not detect much wear, maybe it was shoved in a box somewhere too long. The front of the crown was pretty messed up and needed some work. I wet it down and shaped it back into an open crown then re-bashed it. I recently tightened up the front crease a little.

I don't know it's history, there are no chin strap holes, but it does have a liner. I've been told the Squatters crown is very round and I found it to be a tad snug, especially when compared to my Campdraft and Fed IV in the same size 59. I've stretched it out on my knee and that helped the fit. The brim has always been asymmetrical also. I've fought with the hat a little, so it's been a labor of love. Hopefully, we'll find true happiness someday.

Squatter_1-1.jpg

Squatter_2-2-1.jpg

the Squatter on Everything Australian's website is shown with a bash that looks like a porkpie. I was wondering how it would be to rabash.

kiltie

Practically Family
gtdean48, the Borsolino looks great! RBH said:
For some reason I love that hat!

I believe that reason is....It's flippin' cool!

HOWEVER, I have to say that today I like handlebar bart's hat the best. I love the brim and the color and...well the whole thing is just fantastic!

Today I'm posting this hat ( again ):

IMG_0674.jpg

My Resistol ( favorite of all my hats ), worn inside the Menger Hotel, downtown. Shockingly, I only got one "Hey, Indy!" sporting the A-2/Fedora combo.

RBH

Bartender
kiltie said:
gtdean48, the Borsolino looks great! RBH said:

I believe that reason is....It's flippin' cool!

HOWEVER, I have to say that today I like handlebar bart's hat the best. I love the brim and the color and...well the whole thing is just fantastic!

Today I'm posting this hat ( again ):

IMG_0674.jpg

My Resistol ( favorite of all my hats ), worn inside the Menger Hotel, downtown. Shockingly, I only got one "Hey, Indy!" sporting the A-2/Fedora combo.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Kiltie, wore it today while putting together my sons Christmas bicycle and this year I had no pieces left over, I can only assume the hat was made from strictly lucky rabbits feet.
Looking great in that lid. You guys made me catch the thin ribbon bug, I need a second one for my collection.:D There has been a string of great photos lately. It nice to see the out and about shots.:eusa_clap

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
BobC said:
the Squatter on Everything Australian's website is shown with a bash that looks like a porkpie. I was wondering how it would be to rabash.

I was wondering about that too. Mine is the Imperial Quality version with the liner and not the Superfine. I know I've read about someone here doing it, but not sure I could find the thread.

HatFan

New in Town
Today it was cool and a bit drizzly, so I donned my Hanna Hats patchwork...don't have a picture, so here's a link:

http://hannahats.com/caps-page-0-5900.html

For anyone who has not seen these, they are very well put together. The cool thing is that no two are alike, you will have an original! I have the patchwork and a blue-grey tweed.

Highly recommended for those flat cap fans among us.

kiltie

Practically Family
I do like the look and quality of the Hanna hats. I have a deerstalker, and a friend of mine bought a cap at the same time. The prices on that site seem a bit high, though. I got mine at a shop in Colorado Springs a couple years ago for about $40-45 or so; almost half the cost of the web ad. If these catch anyones' eye, I'd check for a US dealer ( if you're in the US, that is...;) )

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Picked up a blue tweed Hanna walker in Ireland about 5 years ago. Great hat very well made but I found it amusing that an Irish hat would say "dry clean only". I mean come on it's Ireland, it only rains about 9 times a day.

but today I wore a caribou Stetson Saxon.

rrog

A-List Customer
Nice hats, Gilgamark and Hat Head. Hat Head, I bought a Stetson that looks very much like that one on eBay last summer. Same coloring, ribbon, brim size and all. It's a very comfortable hat. After the sale was final, I emailed the seller to ask about the hat's history and she said he late husband wore it twice and put it up in the box. He purchased it back in the early 60's. It looks almost exactly like yours.

rrog

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HatMagnet said:
A Bond for today. Love this hat. ;)

Bondside.jpg

That hat is wonderful. I bet that looks like a million bucks on. I like the dimensions of the hat combined with the wide ribbon and the flanging of the brim sets it all off, has alot of character

HatFan

New in Town
kiltie said:
I do like the look and quality of the Hanna hats. I have a deerstalker, and a friend of mine bought a cap at the same time. The prices on that site seem a bit high, though. I got mine at a shop in Colorado Springs a couple years ago for about $40-45 or so; almost half the cost of the web ad. If these catch anyones' eye, I'd check for a US dealer ( if you're in the US, that is...;) )

I got mine thru Noggintops..was just using Hanna's site as a reference. I agree the price is cheaper than Hanna's site.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Super photos and hats all around. Five great pages of fun and too many to comment on one by one. You guys are looking sharp, one and all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick