Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great outfit IC! Don't cut the brim down whatever you do!

I wore my new "old" eBay find to church...a Champ "Flight" in what they called silver grey, with a 2 1/2" brim.

WadeinChamp001.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice Champ, Mr. P. Looks good.

Rusty, Sorry you missed opening weekend at Oaklawn. It's been years but we used to go every spring in the 80's. The Marathon is very fitting and looks good to boot.

IC, BlacK and red is pretty striking and those suspenders work on you. Try turning the brim up in back on the Fed. You might like the look.

Today I wore my grey Stevens Pace Setter.

3207985712_d6fe8103d6.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
demian said:
@IndyCop:

I have to say that style suites you *perfectly*...well done.

Trust me, I have very good taste!

I would change your picture/avatar with that one.

Again, you look great. I believe you found your look, hair and all.

best of luck
Thank you Sir!:D

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Yohanes said:
Wow! Hat-wise, you're the winner. Whisker-wise, I'm afraid this time you're outgunned, Bart lol lol lol

lol lol Horribly outgunned.:( My wife will have killed me and my moustache long before it gets that long

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Below an enormous `waraji` (Japanese rope sandal) at the Asakusa temple, built in 628 in my first VS, a stingy diamond whippet inspired natural featherweight

January2009001-1.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
January2009001-1.jpg

I have to say your the first person that really looks good in stingy brims to me. I guess its the whole look that ALWAYS works together.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
daizawaguy said:
Below an enormous `waraji` (Japanese rope sandal) at the Asakusa temple, built in 628 in my first VS, a stingy diamond whippet inspired natural featherweight

January2009001-1.jpg

That hat is great; your stingies have tall crowns with relatively little taper which makes them look really good. Brim width does a lot to define the feel and look of a hat, but I think crown shape is even more important. Your hats are great! What do you think of the VS stingies compared to your Optimo?
Oh, and the guy who wears that sandal must buy his giant sausages at the other shop? I love the Japanese!

carter

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
moustacheclub2wp1.jpg

moustacheclub3uu6.jpg

With some of the fellas from the Whisker Club.
Bart, Great shots. You're looking very dapper. I like the hat and coat on the fellow to your left. Any information.

Were you filming something for the Sundance Channel by chance?

daizawaguy said:

daizawaguy, You've given us another terrific photo. As always, you are the master of the stingy brim or at least second only to bolthead. Then again, bolthead is the master of the porkpie.

Are those sandals (in slightly smaller sizes) still worn in Japan? They look like they tie around the ankle. It would be interesting to see one on an actual foot.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Bart,

You for sure strike a great figure. I love the jacket with elbow patches.

Indy,

You look gorgeous. I find also that red on black looks great! And do not trim the brim!

Paladin,

Very dapper. If that is their silver grey, their charcoal must be veeeery dark. And their black surely must suck light! ;)

Torpedo

One Too Many
Today it was my recently acquired Penman Hats Raiders fedora. This hat has quickly won a place of honour in my rotation, as far as more casual hats are concerned!

DSC_0276.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR