Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Working On Today?

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
Man want one just like it.
So my second hat build is complete. Again imperfect, but definitely much cleaner than my first hat, in lots of ways.

I'm not sure I'll leave the brim this way, but maybe that's a job for a curling shackle if I ever get one. I cut it to 3 1/2".

I would also like to add a matching ribbon, hopefully just a shade lighter than the felt itself, but as I've noted before, sewing is a distant pipe dream. No idea what I'm doing. I don't even know what this "basting stitch" means, but will be looking it up before long.

All I know is that you push the needle in and out and it has to have thread in it, and then the thing holds to the other thing and you tie a knot so it doesn't unravel.

You can see in the photos that the crack in this old block showed through the felt, on the right side of the finished hat photo.

But, like my first one, it has all the parts to be considered a hat, and it fits on my head, so I'll consider this a victory!

BigHat

New in Town
IMG_1079.jpeg

Third attempt at making a fedora. My favourite colours so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB