Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat do I wear?

:eek:fftopic: Folks: I own an "old" London Fog" trench coat and have not worn it in a long time I would like some advice on what hat to wear when I have to wear the coat.I do own 2-fedora`s old Stetson and old Beaver Brand,they seem to go with a trench coat but I do not want to look like I am trying to be Bogart. Any suggestions on an alternate lid? Brian B.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
It's a shame isn't it? The snap brim with a trench coat is such a great look - - or was. Now it does seem to be perceived as a little over-the-top. If it were rainy, however, I'd do it anyway. If just wanting to keep warm, try a wool newsboy cap.

G'luck!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
With a fantastic coat like that, I would go for a fedora of some kind. And forget about the comments. Look like Bogart, what the heck?

Or you might try the black beret.
Then you might hear words like "la resistance!!!" And so what? it's your coat and your head...wear what you feel like wearing.:)

carter

I'll Lock Up
You can always try a newsboy or a bowler, however...

Wear what you like and don't worry about the comments. After all, Bogart wouldn't. :cool2:

Our ability to comment on the look for you is hampered because worthlesswithoutpics

Feraud

Bartender
With the current fashion styles I would not call a trencoat and fedora as over the top. Archaic yes, but not outlandish.
Unless you wear it in the summer. ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
I apologize in advance

Feraud said:
With the current fashion styles I would not call a trencoat and fedora as over the top. Archaic yes, but not outlandish.
Unless you wear it in the summer. ;)

And as long as you don't have this in mind.

TieFlasingTrechCoatGuyAllyn050605.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek: [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael