Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the average age of a hat owner

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
Qwerty.....I'm wondering the same thing that you're probably wondering. What's so wrong with wearing a fedora, and how does hat wearing relate to age? I am 14 but love fedoras. The other day I was over at my neighbor's house looking after his 3 year old son. When he came back, he walked through the door with a Bencraft Hats magazine that he recieved from his mother. He gave it maybe 2 looks and was about to through it in the trash when I asked if I could have a look. He looked back at me like I was crazy. He said that only old men, blacks (not racest), and gangsters wore hats like that. I disagree strongly. In what ways does your style have to do with your age. Kids like me these days like torn jeans w/holes and rough looking shirts, and adults get onto us for wearing that kind of clothing. But when we wear a fedora-like hat they say that we look like old men, and sometimes treat us like we're 5 years younger playing dress up or something. IT'S RIDICULOUS! I say to just wear what you want, and pay no attention to people that tell you not to wear it. I think your fedora suits you well.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Different hat wearing ages in different countries?

I see the original poster is from Serbia. I wonder if different countries, or I should say different cultures, have differing views of how old a fedora wearer should be?

I agree that the hat looks good on the original poster! (Sorry I don't recall your Lounge name).

And holy crow, the fellow from Mexico has an amazing hat collection! :eek: I am green with envy.... :D

qwerty

Familiar Face
ledsled said:
I see the original poster is from Serbia. I wonder if different countries, or I should say different cultures, have differing views of how old a fedora wearer should be?

I do not know how to explain that when fedoras are in question Serbia is like any other place on Earth.
When fedoras were popular in the world they were worn her too. Once people stoped wearing them in the world same thing happen in Serbia.
There is not much difference between Serbs and any other European country.
(actualy I wish this last one was completly true)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
There's no such thing as too young.
I'm 15, and I wear hats every time I leave the house. I wear them at school. I have a trashy one I wear camping. I have a dress one for fancy places. Just pick one you look good in, and you can pull it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy