Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the best OCBD - Oxford Cloth Button Down Shirt ...?

Windward

Practically Family
Hi - want to add a few american classics to my wardrobe - since I purchased a lot of Chinos I want to combine it with great looking OCBD.
My prefences are only solid colors light blue and white since I am not keen with plaids and stripes (have had too much in the past).
I want shirts which has the charming collar roll and made of heavier/hefty oxford cloth. Also like the generous - Brooks Brothers - collar.
Any recommendations and opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks Gents.
WW

Last edited:

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
There is a specific, heavy weight oxford cloth Brooks Brothers uses to make some of their non- iron button down shirts. I've see it in blue, white, cream, pale pink (IIRC), and occasionally patterns. You will probably need to visit a store in person to find it, but this specific oxford cloth is noticeably heavier weight than their other shirts. I have a few that I wear to work a lot and they are quite sturdy and have held up nicely.

Windward

Practically Family
There is a specific, heavy weight oxford cloth Brooks Brothers uses to make some of their non- iron button down shirts. I've see it in blue, white, cream, pale pink (IIRC), and occasionally patterns. You will probably need to visit a store in person to find it, but this specific oxford cloth is noticeably heavier weight than their other shirts. I have a few that I wear to work a lot and they are quite sturdy and have held up nicely.

Thanks Guttersnipe - unfortunately, we don''t have a shop right here so I have to order online.
Interesting to hear that the non-iron shirts are heavier in weight since my non-iron shirts are fairly thin, smooth and dense woven.

Sonero

Practically Family
BUMP

Same question in 2022. I am torn between Jpress , Proper Cloth or Kamakura . I want one of those old school thick oxfords to wear with jeans sleeve rolled up. Quality of fabric is key.
Recently purchased LL Bean since I had good luck with them not long ago....things have changed. Their oxfords are really thin.

What would you recommend ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto