Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is There Left To Invent?

panamag8or

Practically Family
Maj.Nick Danger said:
I suspect that work is in progress right now at Area 51 on all the afore-mentioned inventions based on these,....http://imageevent.com/cropcirclerational/cropcirclesdecoded
(Scroll down to view the schematics.)

If aliens are going to give us their "Modern Mechanics" drawings, they aren't going to do it in some wheat field. :eyerollemoticon:

Now, back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
A picturephone people will actually use. They've been working on it for 80 years.
photo_horner_2.jpg

An automatic cat claw cutter that will attract, and not injure, the cat.
cat.jpg

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
panamag8or said:
If aliens are going to give us their "Modern Mechanics" drawings, they aren't going to do it in some wheat field. :eyerollemoticon:

Now, back to your regularly scheduled topic...
:rolleyes: Edison was a nut,...so was Tesla, and Marconi, and DaVinci,....

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Everything!

Everything is there left to be invented! we haven't even started yet ... the best it's yet to come, of course we'll all be gone by then, still ... it will happen . :)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Maj.Nick Danger said:
I like your attitude. :) I think you are right.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

:D :D Yes Maj. because every civilization thought IT was the peak, the greeks, romans, renaissance, etc ... and this one too thinks its the peak ... oh but how wrong they are. If we could only ask the people who'll live 1.000 years from today ... :) for them we'd all be neanderthals lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
:D :D Yes Maj. because every civilization thought IT was the peak, the greeks, romans, renaissance, etc ... and this one too thinks its the peak ... oh but how wrong they are. If we could only ask the people who'll live 1.000 years from today ... :) for them we'd all be neanderthals lol
Yes, but there will probably be at least one thing that we did that will baffle them. With the ancients, we have yet to come up with a satisfactory explanation as to how they managed to quarry and move enormous blocks of stone weighing as much as a locomotive. :eek: [huh]
I think maybe they will be baffled by our television programming. :D

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Maj.Nick Danger said:

I think maybe they will be baffled by our television programming. :D

Reality shows. They baffle me now, so I can only imagine the confusion for people digging them up thousands of years from now. lol

Lee

Actually, I'm baffled that people actually watch them. :D

RIOT

Practically Family
Does anyone remember that 1980's movie "The Final Countdown" with Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen? Just imagine what if or how much changes would have happened if we really foiled the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Would someone who had died in the war had changed the outcome of our future if they had survived? This is why, if time travel was invented should be handled very delicately and not accessible to the public.

Now teleportation I am all for. This would definitely put a new spin to "next day delivery". You would probably have an option of 1 sec, 10 sec, 5 mins, etc.. lol! Then from there actually progress to teleporting human beings. This would be great for our readiness alert, instant mobilization.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Yes, our entertainment preferences today will probably be as hideous and barbaric to future civilizations as Roman gladiator fights are to us.
Or, possibly, as tame and coy as silent movie romances.

HadleyH said:
the best it's yet to come, of course we'll all be gone by then
< sings > But there will never ever be anoooo...theeer...yooooou ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The person who comes up with a zapper gadget that one can point at another car and disable their pavement-heaving thump-boom sound system will be a very wealthy individual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou