Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is There Left To Invent?

Fleur De Guerre said:
I want my Flux Capacitor.

With or without attached DeLorean? You might look over at BTTFParts.com... :D

scotrace said:
The person who comes up with a zapper gadget that one can point at another car and disable their pavement-heaving thump-boom sound system will be a very wealthy individual.
We already have that, too. It's called: get access to their vehicle while they're away, find a hunk of coax cable leading to their amp or sub-subwoofers, and drive a pin clear through, clipping the ends. They fire it up, instant disablement of their entire sound system.:D

NOTE: This could be "felony vandalism" in some areas, not to mention potentially dangerous; the above comment is FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY! DO *NOT* TRY THIS AT HOME!

Edit: Oh, a personal EMP device might do the trick, but you'd risk frying your own electronics, too.

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Cool

HadleyH said:
:D :D Yes Maj. because every civilization thought IT was the peak, the greeks, romans, renaissance, etc ... and this one too thinks its the peak ... oh but how wrong they are. If we could only ask the people who'll live 1.000 years from today ... :) for them we'd all be neanderthals lol

You mean there is a possibility that my likeness might be viewed on some futuristic GEICO commercial?

Now that's the cat's meow! :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
The BIWIN Automatic In-Home Pet Fur Accumulator and Felter.

Once it has automatically gathered and cleaned the required quantity of your own pet's fur, the BIWIN Automatic In-Home Pet Fur Accumulator and Felter will blend it with other fibers chosen by you, the home user * into a fine, densely woven, premium felt. The felt will then be automatically teleported to Art Fawcett, Steve Delk, or your hatter of choice who will render a stunning creation from these dearly-cherished remnants and teleport it back to you within....

*Natural fibers suitable for blending may be purchased from BIWIN, Inc. at a reasonable charge and include, but are not limited to: Black Bear, Polar Bear, Grizzley, Panda, Ferret, Mink, Otter, Wolverine, Hare, Beaver, Nutria, Polecat, Wallace, and Grommet.

No living creature is killed, maimed, injured, or insulted during the harvesting of it's fur.

All creatures donating fur to BIWIN, Inc. are farm-raised from the purest genetic cloning stock available.

Keep watching for the ultimate in available furs for blending as BIWIN, Inc. introduces the latest in cloned furs from extinct specimens and creatures of antiquity.

BIWIN, Inc. keeping you aHead of the pack.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Brought to you by Bristol-Myers-Kellog-Squib-Harry-David & Tonto

carter

I'll Lock Up
Where are all the Tom Strange, Johnny Rocket, gee whiz bang, folks today! Hellooooo......:whistling

I wrote the one below for those guys who want to make their own felts.

Now, I need investors.
:D :fedora:

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perhaps this has already been invented: a personal preventive protection device that works by heat-sensing out the bad guy. I thought of it while watching the movie Miami Vice with a friend. (I had to think about something.) Picture this: You are coming home. You point the device like a flashlight at the area around the door. If the bad guy is lying in wait it will sense his heat and let you know, then you can turn around and call 911. Good idea? Already on the market?

BegintheBeguine said:
The trick seems to be to size it down to go alongside the mini (probably non-working) can of Mace in the lady's handbag. Sell like hotcakes.
Speaking of, let's add viable "less-lethal" self-defense tools to that list--there are perps out there who use Mace and pepper-spray for seasonings, and not everything calls for The Light At The End Of The Tunnel...

"Don't taze me, bro!" lol

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Well you can get your animals hair spun into yarn!

Samantha

carter said:
The BIWIN Automatic In-Home Pet Fur Accumulator and Felter.

Once it has automatically gathered and cleaned the required quantity of your own pet's fur, the BIWIN Automatic In-Home Pet Fur Accumulator and Felter will blend it with other fibers chosen by you, the home user * into a fine, densely woven, premium felt. The felt will then be automatically teleported to Art Fawcett, Steve Delk, or your hatter of choice who will render a stunning creation from these dearly-cherished remnants and teleport it back to you within....

*Natural fibers suitable for blending may be purchased from BIWIN, Inc. at a reasonable charge and include, but are not limited to: Black Bear, Polar Bear, Grizzley, Panda, Ferret, Mink, Otter, Wolverine, Hare, Beaver, Nutria, Polecat, Wallace, and Grommet.

No living creature is killed, maimed, injured, or insulted during the harvesting of it's fur.

All creatures donating fur to BIWIN, Inc. are farm-raised from the purest genetic cloning stock available.

Keep watching for the ultimate in available furs for blending as BIWIN, Inc. introduces the latest in cloned furs from extinct specimens and creatures of antiquity.

BIWIN, Inc. keeping you aHead of the pack.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Brought to you by Bristol-Myers-Kellog-Squib-Harry-David & Tonto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou