Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your go to hat?

T Rick

Practically Family
Since my first hat didn't get here until December (up to 7 so far), I don';t have a great bit of time to choose from. But answering the question, the Camp Draft is the one I grab-n-go without much thought.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
In 2010 my VS ArtLite Natural had the most head time. So far this year it's been a Dark Moss.
CIMG1562.jpg

CIMG1259-1-1-1.jpg
(old photo)
Tom D.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
For me it's been split between two hats, both Akubras. For 4 out of 7 days would be my 3 1/2 yo Bushman:

Bushman1-1.jpg

and coming in second at 3 out of 7 days would be my Mid-Brown Stylemaster:

Squatter1022.jpg

Number of days can vary of course but generally speaking these two get the most wear out of the 6 felts I wear :)
Onward thru the fog :)

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Things tended to change with the season. And over the course of the entire year I wore all my hats (and I don't mean only once). That said, I would guess that the hat that probably got the most head time would be this 40s era Stratoliner.

6f9eb691-1-1.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
All Akubras - mostly my dark gray Stylemaster for workdays and such, but my gray Stockman and sand Cattleman also got plenty of wear for hiking, snow shoveling, etc.

Big_e

Practically Family
I have to say, the hat I grabbed the most last year was my grey Stetson Sovereign with a stingy brim. Sold to me by FL member StetsonHomburg. Grey goes with everything.
Ernest

me2-2.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For me in 2010 it might be the vintage dark brown Borsalino with tall crown and 2 3/4 brim. The way I had it blocked it sort of looks like a dark brown Open Road, with center dent and front pinches. Just a little dressier than an Open Road though. The felt is very tight like beaver; might be beaver except the hat doesn't say that. In 2011, the go-to hat might be the new Ernesto Borsalino beaver hat, also dark brown, with 2 7/8 curved brim, from Delmonico, probably a design sold only by them in the U.S. I'm getting traction with that one nowadays. It is a little more flamboyant because of the curved brim than the other one I'm talking about, but it's got a shorter crown, well tapered, which is superior for me to the stovepipe-like vintage Borsalino.

Last edited:

Tone

A-List Customer
My New in 2010 Akubra "Adventurer"....one of those hats that just felt right from the first time I put it on.

IMG00133.jpg
[/IMG]

I can understand why. Excellent hat! Have had a DM Adventurer since the open-crowned version was released (as "Explorer", initially. Weird, but 'eh...) Sooo glad they made this available in open crown. Awesome field hat!

Tone

A-List Customer
Have to consider one of those someday for a C-crown version of a hat. There are just so many out there with the same general look. Miller's got some nice open-crown Campdraft-like hats for the new year. But Stetson's coming out with some good looking pre-creased C-crown stuff too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto