Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your next VS?

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
Delthayre said:
Curious that. My point of reference is something that Mister Fawcett wrote in February, but perhaps something changed or, "going from memory," proved slightly unreliable as it sometimes does.

I look forward to seeing your hat when it comes in.

I actually just asked Art for a list of the colors that he has in his lightweight felt and this is what he sent me;

Silverbelly

Blue Smoke

Powder Blue

Granite

Sahara

Mojave

Chocolate

Dark Moss

Midnite

Black

Pecan

Natural

This is from 7/13/09. Hope this helps. Oh, and I think the silverbelly does not really have a sandy quality to it, but just my opinion, and may have to do with the blue ribbon on mine. It looks pretty grey to me.

JP

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
JPMcAdara said:
Oh, and I think the silverbelly does not really have a sandy quality to it, but just my opinion, and may have to do with the blue ribbon on mine. It looks pretty grey to me.

JP

To clarify, I don't mean sandy as in tan or brown sandy. Art's silverbelly is a nice earthy gray. I guess I really mean the visual texture seems sandy. Does that make any sense?

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
Not-Bogart13 said:
To clarify, I don't mean sandy as in tan or brown sandy. Art's silverbelly is a nice earthy gray. I guess I really mean the visual texture seems sandy. Does that make any sense?

I now see what you are saying. I guess I don't call the texture sandy though, more like heavenly!! :)

JP

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not-Bogart13 said:
I've never liked the "sandiness" of Silverbelly, myself. I love the Blue Smoke, but if you don't want a blue-gray, you might not like it. The Silvermist is very light, but I had an old Miller that matched it once and I miss it dearly. It didn't fit right. :( It's a great light gray, cool without being blue. I could imagine it on you very easily.

Of the colors I mentioned, the silvermist is probably the most likely selection. If I remember correctly, boxerken has a silvermist VS, and it is very light.

On the brown side, I have considered sand or sahara. I think either of those colors would lend itself to a neutral lid to wear with many colors. Someone here has a stratoliner clone in one of those colors, but who it is escapes me now.

As you can tell, I'm rather undecided for the moment. :D

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Silver Mist with a light blue ribbon and purple lining...

Mojave (lightweight) with a red lining and maroon ribbon...

These are my favorites for the autumn and winter...:eusa_booh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot