Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your vintage dream purchase??

mikepara

Practically Family
I'm not greedy..

...I would want this because it belonged to my hero. T.E. Lawrence. If I was on a roll I'd have his cottage Clouds Hill in Dorset... but that is being greedy now.

522318_060113iwmlawrencebike.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I am a simple man

...so a Spitfire Mark V or even Mark IX would make my day.
And - pehaps - a Willys Jeep to drive to the airstrip would be nice too.
Is that beeing greedy?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
jazzzbaby said:
Mine would be to own a piece of jewelry from a well known actress.
Clara Bow, Louise Brooks, Carole Lombard, Gloria Swanson....etc.
It would be excellent if it were an art deco piece that was classy,
but not flashy.

I know an antique shop in Beaumont, California, that is selling costume jewelry (rhinestones, etc.) worn by Jean Harlow in Dinner at Eight and other films. PM me if you're interested in more info.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Yes! Welcome, Alicia!

Glad to have you posting here. You should give some consideration to joining our Merchant's forum. You have some terrific Golden Era images on those wall tiles. Also like your trivets and the three-tile spice rack. Most cool.

Anyway, welcome. What can we get you to drink?

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
My problem is my vintage tastes run from the 20s to the 80s.

Car: The Delorean. 1981.
1981_Delorean_DMC12.jpg

Girl: Isabelle Adjani. 1970s.
590.jpg

Show: Sam Cooke at the Harlem Square Club. 1963.
84cc1ad0.jpg

Hat: Robert Mitchum's panama in Cape Fear. 1962.
robert_mitchum.jpg

Suit: Modeled by John Dos Passos below. 1930s.
dospassos.jpg

Of course, they really wouldn't know what to make of me in Harlem once I showed up.

Elaina

One Too Many
Actually, I'm pretty happy with that I've got. Used to be a treadle machine, and I had some strange specs I wanted: drop in bobbin, reverse capabilities, cabinet style. I got 2 of the three (I got the traditional treadle base).

Other then that, I would have loved to been able to sit down and talk to Buster Keaton. Since that's never going to happen, now it's to get the old Hollywood vintage patterns really cheap to replace the ones I lost from my great grandma's stash from when she designed them.

Elaina

moustache

Practically Family
Hmmmmm....

How about going the Thomas Beecham route:No money worries,my own orchestra to record anything i want.If i cannot have that,then maybe an apartment in fin-de-siecle Vienna or Paris,complete with house maids,butler,celebrity guest list(from classical music and movie fame)and all of the clothes to go with said fantasy!!!

Rather good question!!!

JD Ross

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic