What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

I was gonna say the same a little larger looking on you compared to your other jackets. Looks good to me though

Marc mndt likes this.
  2. I agree with the others. Looks 'slightly' large. However, if you can't exchange it for the next size down, I wouldn't worry about it. I think after you wear it for awhile it will look even better.

Marc mndt likes this.
  3. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

Thank you all for your honest feedback. This is actually an OTR Thedi from one of Thedi's stockists. I bought this one second hand from a guy who said he only worn it twice, and I think he actually did because the jacket is practically new.

Just like my custom Thedi this jacket has a 'L' size tag. Since Thedi only adjusts sleeve- and body length I thought I could get away with OTR this time. But I think you guys are right, it is too large. Compared to what I usually wear: P2P+1' sleeve length+2' Body length +1'.

What a bummer :( I love this jacket. Great design, top notch craftsmanship like always. It just doesn't fit.

Although the jacket is new, it is second hand so there's no returning. I think his one will go to the classifieds tomorrow. If anybody is interested in a practically new Thedi for half the price, please let me know.

Ptp 23'
    Shoulder 19'
    Sleeves: 27'
    Back: 25'
    Bottom hem: 21""

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Mrfrown, marker2037 and Mysteryo like this.
  4. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

IMO too long in body and sleeves and too wide at the pits and bottom hem.
    I wonder if yo uwould fit one size smaller...

Marc mndt likes this.
  5. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

+1

Marc mndt likes this.
  6. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

Yep. Will go to classifieds tomorrow. First need to take some decent pics in daylight.
    339AF7E0-020D-424E-BA14-AB1BB9D93DFD.jpeg

7. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Couple of more shots of the Gap Trucker I got from @JCSD. As many here said, Gap Trucker is a surprisingly nice jacket and a good value. The leather is not thin by any means, the jacket weighs 3.2 lbs.

DSC_0524.JPG

DSC_0525.JPG

Jarman, JoeNiblick, El Marro and 25 others like this.
  8. JCSD

JCSD A-List Customer

Iron Heart CPO

AC584F56-FDD3-4D60-BDBE-083B0E53C3E6.jpeg

Jarman, JoeNiblick, El Marro and 27 others like this.
  9. JCSD

JCSD A-List Customer

Perfect fit.

Will Zach likes this.
  10. ton312

ton312

Maybe my eyes aren’t working quite right but I see absolutely nothing wrong with that fit. I suppose it comes down to how you want to wear it. If memory serves those canvas jackets aren’t lined, so a little more room for layers is mandatory. That is I suppose unless you want a jacket exclusively for warmer wear, like an unlined denim jacket.

11. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

I think that's basically what it's about. I'm used to wearing my jackets short and I can't stand long sleeves. One could easily argue that I wear my sleeve too short.
    7DBBFBBC-C9DA-4946-A642-CE3E9DA4E7D6.jpeg
    As you can see the differences with my custom thedi are minor. But it just doesn't feel right of you're used to wearing it differently.

The jacket is lined by the way. Cotton drill. 1CFCC0BD-C4BD-4011-B560-76005FC21633.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  12. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

That jacket looks great but yes it's not the same perfect fit we normally see you with. Too bad it didn't work out. Good luck with sale

13. dark wood

dark wood Familiar Face

Funny, I’ve been listening to the shit out of the Damned’s first record lately (I’m 54 lol)

handymike and Downunder G Man like this.
  14. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Freewheelers Sunset now looks a little long with these super high rise TCB jeans. I may need a lower rise pair to fit with this jacket now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

There were quite some lounge members interested in the Thedi, thank you all for your interest. I'm glad the jacket has found a new home with a fellow TFL member and I'm absolutely positive the jacket will look great on him.

Mrfrown, handymike, Jin431 and 6 others like this.
  16. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

Lucky guy! Can´t wait to see the result...

Jin431 and Marc mndt like this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor

[​IMG]

Jarman, El Marro, Angel and 30 others like this.
  18. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

Legendary Horsehide x Schott
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jarman, RL204, JoeNiblick and 26 others like this.
  19. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Loving this nylon Schott flight jacket. All the ease of a hoodie and the collar functioning as a built-in scarf is really convenient and cozy. Thought I’d share a more New Orleans vibe than usual with my background today (last pic best represents the color)

F1502741-F13C-4911-BFAE-67CEBABA51CE.jpeg 6A43D5DA-BD76-465E-9560-581206169887.jpeg
    C6DC47B8-4F60-4889-9FD0-DE14AD347ED9.jpeg

20. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Stop teasing, man, what jacket is this?

Imuricecreamman, Zoo and Mrfrown like this.