Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
All cool, jacket fits great, love the colors but I'll never get used to those wide trousers. It's like a slim person is connected to... Someone else's legs. XD

I have the same thoughts as @Monitor here Jake. You have an incongruous look if you ask me as you are wearing a slim fit cross zip jacket with wide leg trousers, and the contrast is too great. In my opinion, slimmer trousers would make a more harmonious outfit.

I love everything on their own though and I'm not trying to say these trousers should never be worn, but maybe just not with a slim fit jacket.

They are my widest trousers. I think the leg opening might be 20" so they're wide, though this is a 1930s jackets and from what I've seen, jackets like this were not worn with slim trousers back in the day and I think they looked good... not that I'm wearing anything exactly as it would have been worn back then.

Also, is this jacket really that slim fitting? Based on how it fits me, it does not actually feel like my slimmest or tightest jacket. The arms are slim, but so are the arms on my Freewheelers jackets, especially on the Caboose. In fact, this jacket technically is wider in a few key areas compared to the Caboose.

One thing that makes the trousers look too wide is that I cuffed them too high at first. Here I cuffed the trousers lower and I think they don't look as wide. Again, this jacket actually fits slimmer than the RMC does. Maybe the length of the RMC makes it look like it fits slimmer? I'd be willing to post more comparison photos to discuss further, but I may end up derailing this thread if I do.

LU7HCAY.jpg

ghvMBK8.jpg

Hat is a new Optimo btw.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
This is my 2nd go around trucker order and I finally figured out my best measurements so I've been getting the look/fit I want to get. It's something that's wearable all the time so it will be heavy on my rotation. Thank you.

That getting a lot more color but it's still looking like it can stand on its own. Where do you source the hides that you get your jacket made from?
Your type3 def has a good proportion pocket flap, collar, the v panel from the pocket to hem etc. Looking well balanced. I bought my leather from the tannery locally here in another town in the same province where I live through local mobile apps marketplace, the tannery is a vendor open for private purchase there. Yep it still can stand, the side panel and the sleeve is getting much softer though.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
They are my widest trousers. I think the leg opening might be 20" so they're wide, though this is a 1930s jackets and from what I've seen, jackets like this were not worn with slim trousers back in the day and I think they looked good... not that I'm wearing anything exactly as it would have been worn back then.

Also, is this jacket really that slim fitting? Based on how it fits me, it does not actually feel like my slimmest or tightest jacket. The arms are slim, but so are the arms on my Freewheelers jackets, especially on the Caboose. In fact, this jacket technically is wider in a few key areas compared to the Caboose.

One thing that makes the trousers look too wide is that I cuffed them too high at first. Here I cuffed the trousers lower and I think they don't look as wide. Again, this jacket actually fits slimmer than the RMC does. Maybe the length of the RMC makes it look like it fits slimmer? I'd be willing to post more comparison photos to discuss further, but I may end up derailing this thread if I do.

LU7HCAY.jpg

ghvMBK8.jpg

Hat is a new Optimo btw.

I think you have tons of style, and I enjoy eveballing each and every one of our outfits. I think too, this particular setting makes for a great 1930´s hommage.
Personally I neither dare nor care for such acutely curated looks. I just mix and match what I like, and in fact the only time somebody (a beautiful girl) remarked on my "sharp outfit" I immediatley felt self-conscious and inappropriately dressed-up. That said, I enjoy people who are braver and more outgoing in that respect.

marker2037

Practically Family

LU7HCAY.jpg

ghvMBK8.jpg

Hat is a new Optimo btw.
For me, I think the slim arms and the "neat fit" of the RMC could be what drives the incongruous nature in my mind with the very wide leg. I just think a jacket with more "slouch" would be more appropriate for those trousers; something like an A-2 or Indy jacket. I do think the Caboose looks better of the two comparisons with the same trousers.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Your type3 def has a good proportion pocket flap, collar, the v panel from the pocket to hem etc. Looking well balanced. I bought my leather from the tannery locally here in another town in the same province where I live through local mobile apps marketplace, the tannery is a vendor open for private purchase there. Yep it still can stand, the side panel and the sleeve is getting much softer though.

Thanks, I do think it's quite balanced even though it's a short jacket.
Got it, that's so cool to know. Do you ever reach out to the tanneries and have them make you something diffferent for a project?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. 1988 ford e350 7.3L idi. 4x4 conversion done back in 88 by Richardson bro’s in Oregon. 5 speed ZF tranny added to it in 2018. She’s slow but can climb like a champ.

Tha's about the coolest 4WD vehicle ever! Great to see Vans getting some love again. Especially with a 5-speed - un-stoppable.

Ok back to your regular thread again...

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
niceee. I love the collar add on. Need to get one for mine. This jacket is really moving up in my rotation. Was probably my first "real" purchase about a year ago. Gave it the water treatment because it was a little big and ever since, it's completely transformed. Better fit, leather grain popping, just overall bad ass vibe. I think Scott only has the collars in black. Need to check around. Would love to get a grey/brown one.

King B

A-List Customer
Excelled G1 - sherpa lined

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-184942_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-184942_Gallery.jpg
    956.8 KB · Views: 533
  • Screenshot_20210126-184935_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-184935_Gallery.jpg
    955.2 KB · Views: 526
  • Screenshot_20210126-184926_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-184926_Gallery.jpg
    980.7 KB · Views: 519
  • Screenshot_20210126-184858_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-184858_Gallery.jpg
    891.3 KB · Views: 539

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I think you have tons of style, and I enjoy eveballing each and every one of our outfits. I think too, this particular setting makes for a great 1930´s hommage.
Personally I neither dare nor care for such acutely curated looks. I just mix and match what I like, and in fact the only time somebody (a beautiful girl) remarked on my "sharp outfit" I immediatley felt self-conscious and inappropriately dressed-up. That said, I enjoy people who are braver and more outgoing in that respect.

I've gotten used to both weird looks and compliments so I'm now more immune to it and I'm quite confident going out dressed how I actually want to be dressed.

For me, I think the slim arms and the "neat fit" of the RMC could be what drives the incongruous nature in my mind with the very wide leg. I just think a jacket with more "slouch" would be more appropriate for those trousers; something like an A-2 or Indy jacket. I do think the Caboose looks better of the two comparisons with the same trousers.

I agree that with these chinos, which are specifically military chino repros, that an A2 would look best with them. I'll have to take a pic of the RMC with the chinos with the cuffs done better sometime. As I mentioned, the Caboose is actually smaller in most important measurements. I think the fact that it is longer makes it look "looser" possibly.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. 1988 ford e350 7.3L idi. 4x4 conversion done back in 88 by Richardson bro’s in Oregon. 5 speed ZF tranny added to it in 2018. She’s slow but can climb like a champ.
Grizzly can be tough to pull off. Hide, hair, color and panel design can get too busy and wear the man. LW by nature can be the same imho. You’ve got it down. Look and fit are both outstanding.
Everybody needs an apocalypse vehicle that takes no prisoners. Your’s looks like it could get gone anywhere. I looked for a Quigley 4x4 diesel conversion for a good while so i could run away to parts unknown. Not to be found so i settled for a H2. I’d take yours in a heartbeat. And for an 88’...f***in epic!!
Nice pup.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner