Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic! Congratulations for grabbing this treasure!
How is the sizing? What size is it?

I am currently 192 and thick in the middle. Wearing a long sleeve T-shirt and a heavy Carhartt shirt in the pictures. The side laces are fully opened. No size tag attached. 23 inches across the front, so no issues there, plenty of shoulders, sleeves are good. I just need to loose the middle.

I will do full measurements so you can compare sizes with your jacket. I sure this one would be marked a 44.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Just opened the box and conditioned this Windward. It needs a little TLC but it’s crazy how the interior and pocket bags, storm cuffs are literally in mint condition. Super clean! The shearling is soft and not dried out but there are enough tears in it to warrant replacement. The nylon quilt at the hem and in the sleeves looks unworn. An odd mix of exterior wear and interior cleanliness. Some of that unmistakable 50’s grainy HH.
View attachment 318332 View attachment 318333 View attachment 318334 View attachment 318336 View attachment 318337 View attachment 318338

Bring on the Zombie-Apocalypse. I´ll join Team Tony...!

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This c.1950 Californian just came in from California. It is Horsehide.

View attachment 318345
Wow, you got a good one here Terry. I enjoy vintage US jackets with the jacket makers Lable like this Californian more than the large retailers' jackets like Sears, Wards Pennys, Harly Davison, and Beck. That said I do have a couple of Windwards I am fond of.

Adence

Familiar Face
A2A9B967-DB20-4651-86BD-62E1CE3D8CC0.jpeg
Filson Mackinaw Vest with colors selected to combine well with that Cordovan ...

Cornelius

Practically Family
View attachment 318503 Filson Mackinaw Vest with colors selected to combine well with that Cordovan ...

Love my Filson mackinaw vest. About 12 years of heavy use, and only sign of wear is the fabric's fuzzy nap has been worn back a bit. A shame the new owners of Filson stopped offering these vests in proper sizes [38, 40, etc] and went to S/M/L... while simultaneously raising the price! (They're now about double the cost of what I paid.)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow, you got a good one here Terry. I enjoy vintage US jackets with the jacket makers Lable like this Californian more than the large retailers' jackets like Sears, Wards Pennys, Harly Davison, and Beck. That said I do have a couple of Windwards I am fond of.

Through my thoughtful and planned purchases, along with help from my friends, I am able to show with confidence that California Sportswear Co. made jackets for Sears and Montgomery Ward. Appalachian made jackets for Sears Fieldmaster, Hercules and Oakbrook. Fried Osterman made the Albert Richard labeled jackets and labeled the same jackets as Sears Hercules. Star Glove/Kurland in Boston made MC jackets for J.C. Penney Sportclad. Monarch of Milwaukee made jackets for Sears Hercules going back to the 1930s.

More connections will be made as time goes by and jackets show up.

I know you purchased a Block jacket. They were a nationwide seller of outerwear. I don't have any connections with the Catalog/retail stores yet Ralphs-Pugh jackets were marketed primarily in the West. California Sportswear are sold nationwide also.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Full tuxedo in my blanket lined SExIH type3

And no the jacket isn't enormous on me the length was heightened in this collab. It made it way more functional in cold weather but looks a bit disproportionate in warmer weather. Really like the jacket, though. Surprisingly soft and easy to move in for 23oz denim.
IMG_0070.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner