Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
A cool 60F jacket weather morning, Cal CHP today

IMG_2057.PNG

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I love a freaking CAL. I found a Als leather straight zip on ebay an sent a message, finds out its a tfl member, so I got it coming!! Super excited

That's nice that it's from a TFL member, I think I saw that jacket recently. Hope it will fit well and can't wait to see your jacket when you get it.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
This is a special one! It lays perfectly when worn open.
Thanks! Don‘t you think it’s too short? It’s shorter than Most of my jackets. Probably it looks good and I‘m just not used to it. This was the main reason why I sold the Vanek.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
More clouds and rain than sun for days and days. I wore my GW goatskin cossack to the beach yesterday as it feels cold to me with strong winds and occasional rain. The water temperature was 76 F. and the air 71 F.. The goat skin holds up pretty well to rain, and I go for a swim to warm up, dodging 10 foot waves.
IMG_1752.jpeg
IMG_1753.jpeg
IMG_1754.jpeg
IMG_1755.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, it’s short, but with the sweater I think it totally works.
The jacket says “Vintage” so you’re allowed to wear it this way ;). Go out and flaunt this bad boy with confidence!

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Maybe use this as an excuse to add another dimension to your wardrobe? Linen suits, guayaberas, safari jackets, etc... Could be a summer specialty among the Mediterranean, South Cal, & New Orleans set here on the WJYW thread!

Personally, I prefer Guayaberas when the summer weather gets too humid in the Midwest US. Ideally in a 60% linen, 40% cotton blended fabric, but you can find 100% linen ones quite easily on eBay.

I have been eyeing a few linen and linen-blend options. There are several safari jackets I've come close to getting, and a nice navy seersucker jacket recently caught my eye. I actually got a French bleu de travail in linen/cotton but it was unfortunately too long for me.

Not quite the same attraction as a nice leather option, but better than destroying your leathers with sweat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21