Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Epic. Perfection in leather in my opinion.
Thanks, i made a wristband from left over cutouts that ive been wearing to do chores at home this past 6 months, and gotten it wet many times from frequent handwashing protocol we are practicing these days and washing my dishes, and it has turned darker and grainier, i hope the jacket will someday have some parts looking like this.
Screenshot_20210709-080625_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210709-080610_Gallery.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Just delivered, I’m exceedingly pleased. It will require minimal TLC to turn this into a stunner. Cool to have the jacket Aero based the wayfarer off of. Time to double down on my vintage hunt. These jackets always, without fail, exceed my level of joy vs new.
View attachment 345765 View attachment 345766 View attachment 345767
This original is better than every repro I’ve seen. Very good find!
Note to self, hit the gym and look for vintage jackets!

Riu

Practically Family
Back from morning walk again.
View attachment 345755
I let this jacket hanging outside my room facing my backyard to get indirect sun and humidity, for a week, felt cold and damp inside when I put it on after i shake it thoroughly upside down, checked all pockets, living in the tropics means insects will claim anything you left untouched for a period of time esspecially outside. But it also pays off
View attachment 345759 View attachment 345757 View attachment 345756 View attachment 345758
I think it grows abit more grain and slightly darker again.

I love how it evolves, spectacular results!

Thanks! Here’s a quick shot of the back with natural veg tan gussets. Sorry for the poor lighting.

View attachment 345778

That is beautiful, and a perfect fit too! No wonder you are happy about it

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Back from morning walk again.
View attachment 345755
I let this jacket hanging outside my room facing my backyard to get indirect sun and humidity, for a week, felt cold and damp inside when I put it on after i shake it thoroughly upside down, checked all pockets, living in the tropics means insects will claim anything you left untouched for a period of time esspecially outside. But it also pays off
View attachment 345759 View attachment 345757 View attachment 345756 View attachment 345758
I think it grows abit more grain and slightly darker again.
It gets better and better, thanks to your care! Congratulations, that’s a work of art

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I love how it evolves, spectacular results!
thank you, happy to see it evolves and taking picture to compare with previous picture and see what grows:)

It gets better and better, thanks to your care! Congratulations, that’s a work of art
thanks, since my "covid victory" cross zip jacket has no news, and my country took a worse turn into the pandemic saga, this "covid jacket" darkening is a perfect metaphor :D

jadub

A-List Customer
Those stitches weren’t done some time post production!? Given the quality of the rest of the jacket, it seems hard to believe the original quality control would let it out of the building. Still, very nice jacket.

Those stitches weren’t done some time post production!? Given the quality of the rest of the jacket, it seems hard to believe the original quality control would let it out of the building. Still, very nice jacket.
I don’t think so, but it’s possible. Not sure who the maker of is and given it’s at lest 75 years old….not sure how tight the QC would’ve been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider