Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Looks good Tom. I had been eyeballing a used one in my size but it sold just as my funds came together…

It’s a great pattern, for sure! With all that diamond-stitched padding and a massive kidney panel like an iron-board, it really should be a pain to wear. Yet, weight-distribution is so good, that you practically don’t feel it all all.
If you can find it in a nice hide (I am thinking the ´old´ comp weight, the veterans are talking about ;)), you will have a true ˋforever-jacket´.

Leatherbirdsoul

One of the Regulars
Trusty Aero Dustbowl
4AD5F39C-6FB1-4483-8AB0-FAF04DF47483.jpeg

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Got this Schott 618. Went with the 40 instead of Schott’s recommended 42 with my build. Room for a thick shirt but definitely not a sweater. A lot shorter than my 519. Overall just getting acquainted but I think I may like the 618 better

Oh and plenty of time for good moods and goofin around, looks like we made it past the freeze time without major issue just in time for the big day. Merry Christmas y’all

View attachment 475820 View attachment 475823 View attachment 475821 View attachment 475822 View attachment 475824
That is, as of today, the best fitting jacket I have seen you in. Very good buy. Schott rules.
That’s not an Airedale by any chance?
Golden Doodle. It‘s the family dog, my work unfortunately does not allow for me to take in a dog of my own.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Too warm and rainy, so I took inspiration from @jacketjunkie‘s new ˋEnfield‘ and brought out the ˋChopper´.

I have often voiced my dissatisfaction with the leather, and the hardware could have a more classy touch too. Especially since there are many pictures available where Vanson excels on both counts.

But, I will say: Putting it on renders you completely invincible and easily triples your very own ˋmanliness´. Take this, LW…!!! ;)
Jokes aside: really like it more than I thought. Will stay out of the closet for the time being.

View attachment 475844

That looks so good on you!

That is, as of today, the best fitting jacket I have seen you in. Very good buy. Schott rules.

+1

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Quick snap of the Enfield in my office. Have worn it for like 5 hours total over the past few days, it‘s showing nice creasing on the sleeves already. Much easier to break in than I initially assumed with how thick and stiff the hide was. Absolutely looking forward to further breaking it in.
FC6F7B82-D78D-481D-879D-E64DE0D836A1.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Quick snap of the Enfield in my office. Have worn it for like 5 hours total over the past few days, it‘s showing nice creasing on the sleeves already. Much easier to break in than I initially assumed with how thick and stiff the hide was. Absolutely looking forward to further breaking it in.
View attachment 476012

Very nice. Which hide is that? Competition weight? Big fan of the shiny brass hardware here!

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
If there is any jacket I like as much or more than leather jackets, it has to be the deck/winter jacket. Luckily Dublin winters are cold enough for me to wear them all.

View attachment 476094
Amen, you have quite the collection and you do them great justice, so much character in those Freewheelers fabrics and their cut is top drawer. I have an FW N-1 arriving tomorrow (hopefully) after trying a few different makers, think I've found the right one. I hear you on the Irish winters too, I live on the same island, just further north (and colder still!)

dublinprem

A-List Customer
Amen, you have quite the collection and you do them great justice, so much character in those Freewheelers fabrics and their cut is top drawer. I have an FW N-1 arriving tomorrow (hopefully) after trying a few different makers, think I've found the right one. I hear you on the Irish winters too, I live on the same island, just further north (and colder still!)
Good choice to go with FW N-1 especially considering there are so many options out there. FW probably make the best quality outerwear not just leather jackets in my opinion. The N-1 should serve you well in the bitter winter up north :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran