Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

newtojackets

Practically Family
Aero cafe racer today. At first I wasn’t sure about this jacket, but now I really do think it’s my best fitting one:

4D79C103-3539-4584-96E8-B7758D065053.jpeg

JB1

Familiar Face
Thank you! You’ve of course been one of the TFL master jedis that never stopped advocating the pleasures of the “old” comp weight. ;)

I love war storys regardless of the level of truth, and I really thought the ”legend of the old Vanson” was one of them.

I stand corrected and very happy about it!
Same here. I bought an older comet and really a noticeable difference. I'm still ok with the new leather, but the old one is on another level in my opinion.

JB1

Familiar Face
I’ve got a Vanson e route myself. The older ones, right after the label turned to yellow text, are soo good. This ENF looks perfect on you! Well done!
Any idea around what year the old competition leather changed?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, looks a lot more expensive, what’s the leather option?
This is premium goat in black and certainly one of the best choices when ordering from 5*. But the jacket has also become good because I really specified a lot of individual details. Except for the zipper, I would do it again the same way.
But even if this jacket has become really good, the wear does not satisfy me as that of my other jackets.

newtojackets

Practically Family
This is premium goat in black and certainly one of the best choices when ordering from 5*. But the jacket has also become good because I really specified a lot of individual details. Except for the zipper, I would do it again the same way.
But even if this jacket has become really good, the wear does not satisfy me as that of my other jackets.
Surprising that’s goat, doesn’t seem to have the pebbled goat texture. What’s wrong with the wear, the pattern?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Surprising that’s goat, doesn’t seem to have the pebbled goat texture. What’s wrong with the wear, the pattern?
No, the pattern is fine. Super comfortable, easy to wear. Maybe it's too light or maybe I'm not a goatskin person. Maybe it's just that the better is the enemy of the good. My other leathers just feel and look better.
Regardless, a good and nice jacket. However, I'm afraid when my Badalassi Boardracer arrives, I won't be wearing it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ