Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Cheating a bit, because this is a continuation of yesterday's walk. After a gloomy morning, sun came out in the afternoon and it became very nice. One thing about this Cal - despite it being a t-shirt only fit, the range of motion is great due to the bi-swing feature. The incoming Californian does not have it, so it will be great to compare the two.

PXL_20230417_203909283~2crop.jpg

PXL_20230417_164920918~4.jpg

Cheating a bit, because this is a continuation of yesterday's walk. After a gloomy morning, sun came out in the afternoon and it became very nice. One thing about this Cal - despite it being a t-shirt only fit, the range of motion is great due to the bi-swing feature. The incoming Californian does not have it, so it will be great to compare the two.

View attachment 509025

View attachment 509026

It’s perfect.

zebedee

One Too Many

View attachment 509025

View attachment 509026
That is a great fit, certainly.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
That goat skin looks amazing and you nailed the fit. Did you get really specific with your measurements or order pretty much off the rack from 5*?

TartuWolf

Practically Family
That goat skin looks amazing and you nailed the fit. Did you get really specific with your measurements or order pretty much off the rack from 5*?
Thank you! Completely custom model/pattern based on various photos I sent them from different models I've seen online. And specified all measurements in terms of fit. Turned out slightly off in a few areas but quite ok in general. Now available as a stock model on their website, very cheap too.

Al 916

One Too Many

View attachment 509025

View attachment 509026
I love that Cal!

Great jeans as well Will, could I ask the make please?

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
Well, I was hoping to share my most recent jacket acquisition but it was a complete bust size-wise, so here's the one I've been wearing for the past week and a half. The Few "Stormer Jacket", made in NZ (goatskin).

thefewnz.png

thefewnzfit.jpg

(I'm new to the selfie game so please forgive the less-than-ideal photo)

If I'm honest it's probably a size too large for me (the sleeves go further past my wrist than I'd like when standing normally and the shoulders/chest are broader than I usually go for), but after meticulously recording down the measurements, taking photos and putting it up for sale, I promptly ended the listing 2 seconds later lol. I'm not quite ready to part with it. Goatskin is my favourite leather of choice (apart from kangaroo, though I've yet to find a jacket made with it that fits), and I'll admit that I'm a huge sucker for these big collars :D

I'll probably just keep it anyway. In cooler temps I think it'll be especially great for layering.

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Well, I was hoping to share my most recent jacket acquisition but it was a complete bust size-wise, so here's the one I've been wearing for the past week and a half. The Few "Stormer Jacket", made in NZ (goatskin).

View attachment 509264
View attachment 509270

(I'm new to the selfie game so please forgive the less-than-ideal photo)

If I'm honest it's probably a size too large for me (the sleeves go further past my wrist than I'd like when standing normally and the shoulders/chest are broader than I usually go for), but after meticulously recording down the measurements, taking photos and putting it up for sale, I promptly ended the listing 2 seconds later lol. I'm not quite ready to part with it. Goatskin is my favourite leather of choice (apart from kangaroo, though I've yet to find a jacket made with it that fits), and I'll admit that I'm a huge sucker for these big collars :D

I'll probably just keep it anyway. In cooler temps I think it'll be especially great for layering.
Very nice, is this new?. Who is the maker?. I live in NZ so am interested in finding out more, thanks

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
Very nice, is this new?. Who is the maker?. I live in NZ so am interested in finding out more, thanks
Thanks! I was fortunate enough to get it second-hand off Y!Japan at a reasonable price and in good condition so I'm pretty happy with it overall.

The maker is "The Few", a Japanese brand (I believe started by someone formerly part of The Real Mccoy's), and they used to have a factory in New Zealand but it has since closed down. You can occasionally come across these "made in NZ" models for sale online but I think their new jackets are all made in Japan now.

Xopher

A-List Customer
Today I’ve got the second denim chore coat I made about 3 years ago with probably 2 years of every day wear, patched out on the shoulders and chest.
1971 Jungle Boots
And Korean War HBT pants

Attachments

• 1FB4E93F-55C7-4A11-8456-E18A26AAF239.jpeg
    1FB4E93F-55C7-4A11-8456-E18A26AAF239.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 113
  • E331A15A-45F4-4785-9D1F-7E41ABCCEBB9.jpeg
    E331A15A-45F4-4785-9D1F-7E41ABCCEBB9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 101

Forum statistics

Threads
Members