Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Just whatever from yesterday.

341921521-240825878598679-6748932084496408164-n.jpg

20230501-124854.jpg

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
It’s not getting old, but becoming “vintage”. ;)
Be patient mate, if you hang out here a little longer you’ll acquire the taste and appreciate his style too, this is a broad church.
I’m glad you’re a big fan of Treemans style, me not so much. I may be fairly new to TFL but have been a member of several other forums for many years, and know how they work. Im not some newbie. Disrespectful and rude comments are not condoned on any of them.

Last edited:

jadub

A-List Customer
So glad nobody bought this. I think I had a prejudice against it for a while and that’s finally faded away. It had some manufacturing defects and then I found the thread about Simmons Bilt and after that I just didn’t like it. Now that I’m over it I really enjoy its great fit. It’s very comfortable. I love the character of the leather. The weather here is still grey and wet and cold so plenty of opportunity for jackets.
IMG_0375.jpeg
IMG_0376.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So glad nobody bought this. I think I had a prejudice against it for a while and that’s finally faded away. It had some manufacturing defects and then I found the thread about Simmons Bilt and after that I just didn’t like it. Now that I’m over it I really enjoy its great fit. It’s very comfortable. I love the character of the leather. The weather here is still grey and wet and cold so plenty of opportunity for jackets. View attachment 513700 View attachment 513701
Be happy. A good leather jacket is a good leather jacket. No matter where it comes from.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Cool, dudes. I get it now, it's just your little clubhouse. I thought this was a place where folks were welcome and everyone was treated with dignity and respect. I got that wrong. Y'all should check yourselves, you might not know this but you come off as closed-minded dickbags. I will indeed get lost, I don't want to be associated with you losers.
It’s always interesting to watch the Newby Assimilation Syndrome here.

The 90 day probationary period almost always weeds out the patrol boys and unassimilators first contact with a strong voice followed by a flame out and then they’re gone.
As is this case.

Heads up dude….sadly, if you can’t assimilate at THIS Lounge you can’t assimilate at any. But you already know that.
Good luck in your travels.
B

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
And you’ve been a proper sport about it. Lol. Good on ya.
The funny part is new guy was pretending to have the moral high ground against @ton312 by pretending to defend me, but that clearly wasn't necessary and this was obvious to everyone else here. First of all, I asked for Ton to explain what he didn't like about the jeans. I knew it was one of two things and what he said was indeed one of the two things I thought it could be. Plus, he was funny about it.

Thus, he was revealed as being a preachy jerk with no interest in actually being respectful or helpful. He didn't know that Ton and I have both been on this forum for many years and have talked back and forth quite a lot on here. He just decided he knew best.

My apologies for... uh... distracting this thread with my post so much.

The funny part is new guy was pretending to have the moral high ground against @ton312 by pretending to defend me, but that clearly wasn't necessary and this was obvious to everyone else here. First of all, I asked for Ton to explain what he didn't like about the jeans. I knew it was one of two things and what he said was indeed one of the two things I thought it could be. Plus, he was funny about it.

Thus, he was revealed as being a preachy jerk with no interest in actually being respectful or helpful. He didn't know that Ton and I have both been on this forum for many years and have talked back and forth quite a lot on here. He just decided he knew best.

Absolutely. You two have a positive history but he rode in like superhero Kid Quick to the rescue. Not necessary.

I will say that reading his take on gender construction in an outerwear sub forum was a highlight of my day. He was a supernova in his short time here.

Jake, you know without my even saying so.... I don't think there is anyway on earth I could, or would ever want, to insult or hurt your feelings. I do try to infuse a bit of humor into this stuff and I will take shots as myself just as quickly. I know this goes without saying between us but I am relieved that you don't take these posts too seriously. We aren't splitting atoms here, it's just clothes.

Al 916

One Too Many
Jake, you know without my even saying so.... I don't think there is anyway on earth I could, or would ever want, to insult or hurt your feelings. I do try to infuse a bit of humor into this stuff and I will take shots as myself just as quickly. I know this goes without saying between us but I am relieved that you don't take these posts too seriously. We aren't splitting atoms here, it's just clothes.

Guy was a classic troll....

I think a bit of 'ribbing' amongst pals is fine, and for goodness sakes those flares of Ton's.........(look great)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Agreed. It does go without saying, but I still appreciate you stating so. I thought it was pretty funny, anyway

Hopefully this fit is a little less controversial
DSC05044 (1).jpg

DSC05097.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay