Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

nattevagten

A-List Customer
Aero HB, pretty much out of the box. Nice jacket weather, too (10 °C in the evening)

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

NCF

New in Town
Got something new (to me) and quite sartorially daring in the mail today - a white Nudie jacket for approx. 12 euro. I had it in mind for a bit of a project, but it was smaller than anticipated so it won’t work out for that. Too small even, for those that care about being able to button their denim jackets. I never button jackets unless the weather forces me so for me that’s not the worst thing in the world, but I’d theoretically like to have the possibility.

At the same time I’m not 100% satisfied with length. I like my jackets short -and from my perspective this is borderline too long, in feel but mostly in the pictures. On the other hand, the colour of it of course does things with proportions and perception. And my kids are shitty photographers, and the phone camera just distorts everything a wee bit all the time.

Or am I just neurotic? Oh the horrors of vanity!

EDIT: perhaps a mm or two too long in the arms as well…

IMG_1107.jpeg
IMG_1110.jpeg
img_1117-jpeg.538937
IMG_2886.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpeg
    IMG_1117.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 678
Last edited:

NCF

New in Town
Couldn't fit better. Just a bit long for my taste, but a minor detail.

@NCF it's a little long for my taste as well, but not horribly so. It fits so well everywhere else that it's still worth keeping.

Thanks for the nice words, etc. It is my impression of the jacket as well and will (especially considering what I gave for it) definitely keep it. If the length bothers me too much I might see where a pair of scissors, a needle, some thread and my own stupidity will lead me.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Got something new (to me) and quite sartorially daring in the mail today - a white Nudie jacket for approx. 12 euro. I had it in mind for a bit of a project, but it was smaller than anticipated so it won’t work out for that. Too small even, for those that care about being able to button their denim jackets. I never button jackets unless the weather forces me so for me that’s not the worst thing in the world, but I’d theoretically like to have the possibility.

At the same time I’m not 100% satisfied with length. I like my jackets short -and from my perspective this is borderline too long, in feel but mostly in the pictures. On the other hand, the colour of it of course does things with proportions and perception. And my kids are shitty photographers, and the phone camera just distorts everything a wee bit all the time.

View attachment 538935 View attachment 538936
img_1117-jpeg.538937
View attachment 538938
seems like a light easy wearing type 3, perhaps due to its light weightness a little bit of length is "fine" here, I picture a heavier jacket looks nicer when shorter and thus more tapered, and a lightweight & light colored one can be a little more boxier and longer , however color is too white for my taste, I would tea or coffee dye it right away lol.

Motocann

One Too Many

View attachment 538935 View attachment 538936
img_1117-jpeg.538937
View attachment 538938
Looks great!

Reactions: NCF

NCF

New in Town
seems like a light easy wearing type 3, perhaps due to its light weightness a little bit of length is "fine" here, I picture a heavier jacket looks nicer when shorter and thus more tapered, and a lightweight & light colored one can be a little more boxier and longer , however color is too white for my taste, I would tea or coffee dye it right away lol.
Yeah, I just don’t know how well it’ll take to the dye. The cloth is 100% cotton, but I doubt the seams are. But we’ll see.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I just don’t know how well it’ll take to the dye. The cloth is 100% cotton, but I doubt the seams are. But we’ll see.
u are right, the thread probably won't take the dye, but if the jacket turn into bone white, white thread won't hurt that much I suppose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic