Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

konadog

Practically Family
New to me Aero Cafe Racer in goatskin...
AeroCafeRacer120923-4.jpg

AeroCafeRacer120923-8.jpg

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Schott's 618HH "new 2023 fit" About a week old.

I dont even know how leather jackets measurements work anymore. This have a 17" shoulder and 21.5" p2p (I thought I need 18" shoulders and 22" p2p). I decided to go with this 40 because when I tried it on the associates and everyone in the store pretty much gave me the Obama face attached. I should have double checked the measurements. I also tried the 42 but was warned by the associate that it will open up to be too big.

In theory this should not fit me with a 41" chest, but here I am being able to layer.. albeit tight, but still have good enough range of motion.

Edit: The differences I noticed is in https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...an-answer-about-outerwear.102916/post-3055699

Attachments

• Fit.jpg
    Fit.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 131
  • approved.jpg
    approved.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Motocann

One Too Many
Schott's 618HH "new 2023 fit" About a week old.

I dont even know how leather jackets measurements work anymore. This have a 17" shoulder and 21.5" p2p (I thought I need 18" shoulders and 22" p2p). I decided to go with this 40 because when I tried it on the associates and everyone in the store pretty much gave me the Obama face attached. I should have double checked the measurements. I also tried the 42 but was warned by the associate that it will open up to be too big.

In theory this should not fit me with a 41" chest, but here I am being able to layer.. albeit tight, but still have good enough range of motion.

Edit: The differences I noticed is in https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...an-answer-about-outerwear.102916/post-3055699
All I can say is… Schott jackets typically run about one size big.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Toys McCoy. Love the depth of the dye on the veg tan goat.
View attachment 568570
Hi there, I am
Looking into a toys McCoy, really like their new Wild One movie series (Dextro etc). Their largest is 44. I wonder how their sizing works? What’s the measurements on a 44 or 42? If they go up to 46 I think it’ll be a no brainer but at a Japanese 44, the sleeve and chest may just be too tight, especially for a weight lifter build. Much appreciated

attack_decay

Familiar Face
Kehoe Cafe Racer in steerhide. Needs some love at the seams. Another member recommend I find one. Took a while but I think the fit and feel of this jacket were worth it. The fit is better than my other cafe racers from Himel and Langlitz. Happy Sunday.
Great fit, and really nice drape to the leather. That elbow seam can double as a hidden pocket until you get it repaired lol

How do you like the leather. Regular vanson?

I do like it because it’s functional and can take a beating; great for riding. But it’s not the CW most of us, including me, love. This hide is more uniform and has a tough topcoat. I wear it a lot and it’s only starting to grain a bit in some areas (the pics don’t show it very well, if at all). I take solace in the fact that it is graining and showing life but damn, it will take minute. I prefer to look at and handle other CW variations. Funny thing is that this is the only CW jacket I currently own.

The jacket is awesome and feels great on the bike. It also looks and feels pretty much the same when worn with multiple layers or just a shirt. Super easy to clean dead bugs off of it. It also helps that this is a repro of one of my favorite vintage jackets.

Motocann

One Too Many
Hi there, I am
Looking into a toys McCoy, really like their new Wild One movie series (Dextro etc). Their largest is 44. I wonder how their sizing works? What’s the measurements on a 44 or 42? If they go up to 46 I think it’ll be a no brainer but at a Japanese 44, the sleeve and chest may just be too tight, especially for a weight lifter build. Much appreciated
The belt is cool! I've order stuff from them, it's kind of a pain and expensive too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn