Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jonanah

New in Town
Regius again. This jacket isn’t perfect, but it’s so far beyond anything I own that I haven’t wanted to wear anything else. Why isn’t it perfect? The sleeves are a half inch too long and the back lacks definition. There’s extra material at the back of each shoulder, which is not ideal.

That being said, perfection is overrated. If you are looking for flaws you will always find them. They shouldn’t detract from your enjoyment of a masterpiece like this. This jacket is the reason I’m selling off a bunch of others. I’m not going to reach for another black half belt when I have this one. It’s super comfortable and luxurious. The only other black jacket I’m tempted to wear now is my cal and misc cross-zips.

TLDR: Regius again.

View attachment 601343
Dope flannel!

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
Nice!
I grew up wearing Lee Rider jean jackets. I was so bummed when they disappeared, and all I could find were the Levi’s Jackets.

Did you buy it used, or have they re-released the Lee Rider?
This one I bought used, but I think they rereleased the jacket under the Lee 101 label. I have the same jacket in a dark indigo shade (one size up).
The new one features buttons with "Lee 101" imbossed, while the older ones just says "Lee".
I like the paler shade and the smaller size better.
I prefer both of them over the levis type 3.

IMG_20240325_223415.jpg

Nice!
I grew up wearing Lee Rider jean jackets. I was so bummed when they disappeared, and all I could find were the Levi’s Jackets.

Did you buy it used, or have they re-released the Lee Rider?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I kicked around buying this but I'm trying to restrain myself. I figured it was probably a size too big, which probably is the case if it'll be making it's way to @torfjord. Good to see it show up here!

Oh, it’s not a done deal, yet. I’m merely calling dibs on it. A jacket big enough so that Tony can barely squeeze into it but at the same time too small for him to button/zip is about the perfect fit for me, in my experience.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Cal & Cal:
20240325_151253.jpg

Shoutout to @JMax for the link in the Finds & Deals thread. Seller only had the jacket listed, but said he'd throw in (unseen) matching pants for free. Waist is good, inseam is a little long, but that's a relatively easy alteration if I go that route.

The set was worn but must have been barely used. Every zip slides like butter. And speaking of pocket surprises, a Wallbergbahn Ullr medal was in one of the chest pockets:
photo-collage.png.png

Cal & Cal:
View attachment 602136

Shoutout to @JMax for the link in the Finds & Deals thread. Seller only had the jacket listed, but said he'd throw in (unseen) matching pants for free. Waist is good, inseam is a little long, but that's a relatively easy alteration if I go that route.

The set was worn but must have been barely used. Every zip slides like butter. And speaking of pocket surprises, a Wallbergbahn Ullr medal was in one of the chest pockets:
View attachment 602138

Sweet Cal. And not the 6-panel so even sweeter. The jacket looks to be in great condition. Nicer than I thought. Damn, that’s a win for sure. Seller was on point and all for a very nice price. Few sizes larger and it would be in Austin.

The pants look great too. I’d get the alteration done. Can’t be too many of those still around.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Too much of a good thing. Too much suede (arguably) and too much beard dye (definitely).
View attachment 601994
I had to do it. Looking back at some old pics I looked older at 47 below than I do at 50 above:
View attachment 601996
LOL. I smell a midlife crisis.
I am loving the two tone suede. Probably one of the coolest things I’ve picked up in a good long while.
Father time catches up with all of us eventually:) You seem to have a young spirit; that will show- even through the grey beard, thinning hair, beer belly, saggy ass, glasses, hearing aids and uncontrolled farts. At least it has for me I think:)

Al 916

One Too Many
Ok fine, I’ll tuck my shirt in. View attachment 602257

and there's you....all grown up...............

I think it must be an English school thing. When at 'Middle' (up to 12) school shirt tails out, cap on backwards and socks hanging down. When we went to High school it was a young adult transition (smart businesslike)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner