Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Sheepdog149

Practically Family

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today - Lost Worlds National Racer

KQ6XMf0h.jpg

Saturday -Naked and Famous Reflective Denim Bomber

ga2yYheh.jpg
HH8pppeh.jpg

Flash vs. No Flash comparison to show the reflectiveness
zA0X1Fal.jpg
J0PQA4Gl.jpg

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I often have difficulty deciding what jacket to carry when I travel. Lately, I’ve been choosing this horsehide Indy jacket. More often than not, it’s turned out to be a good choice.

I bought it years ago from US Wings. While I don’t particularly like Indy jackets...and I don’t care for Indiana Jones movies...it was dirt-cheap and on super-duper sale...so I bought it. I figured I’d try and forget that it was an Indy jacket and just think of it as a horsehide, nineteen-thirties work jacket. But, truthfully, didn’t wear it much until recently. I guess I’ve never been able to totally block out the Indy connotation.

Surprisingly, it has proved to be good travel jacket. Its leather, so its a good windbreaker. But it also has insulation behind it’s liner...so its fairly warm. Not N-3A warm, but much warmer than an A-2 or a G-1. Second, it doesn’t have knits. None at the cuff and none at the hem. This makes wearing under layers, such as fleece vests and rag wool sweaters, much easier. Third, its got lots of functional pockets. Hand warmer pockets, cargo pockets (with snapped flaps), and interior pockets. Perfect for carrying the assortment of stuff I always seem to have with me when I travel.

Finally...while its not beautiful, its not butt ugly, either. It can be worn with jeans...or khakis and a dress shirt...making it very versatile for when you can pack only one jacket. I found this out when I was in New Orleans last week. The temperature there set record lows...nineteen degrees, one morning...so I basically lived in the jacket and was darn thankful to have it.

344C912A-2782-4C7A-9252-44B1CCA44BF3.jpeg

AF

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I often have difficulty deciding what jacket to carry when I travel. Lately, I’ve been choosing this horsehide Indy jacket. More often than not, it’s turned out to be a good choice.

I bought it years ago from US Wings. While I don’t particularly like Indy jackets...and I don’t care for Indiana Jones movies...it was dirt-cheap...and on super-duper sale...so I bought it. I figured I’d try and forget that it was an Indy jacket and just think of it as a horsehide nineteen-thirties work jacket. But, truthfully, didn’t wear it much until recently. I guess I’ve never been able to totally block out the Indy connotation.

Surprisingly, it has proved to be good travel jacket. Its leather, so it is a good windbreaker. But it also has insulation behind it’s liner...so it’s fairly warm. Not N-3A warm, but much warmer than an A-2 or a G-1. Second, it doesn’t have knits. None at the cuff and none at the hem. This makes wearing under layers, such as fleece vests and wool sweaters, much easier. Third, it’s got lots of functional pockets. Hand warmer pockets, cargo pockets (with snapped flaps), and interior pockets. Perfect for carrying the assortment of stuff I always seem to have with me when I travel.

Finally...while it’s not beautiful, it’s not totally butt ugly, either. It can be worn with jeans...or khakis and a dress shirt...making it very versatile for when you can pack only one jacket. I found this out when I was in New Orleans last week. The temperature there set record lows...nineteen degrees, one morning...so I basically lived in the jacket and was darn thankful to have it.

View attachment 103742

AF

Good choice. It's no high end historically accurate repro, but it's a very practical design and versatile jacket, just what you need when you are traveling and don't know what's ahead. In fact, I miss better insulated linings and more pockets, especially inner pockets on so many repro and historically accurate jackets, so I completely understand your reasoning behind this choice of jacket. And this one looks good and comfortable on you. Is it as beautiful as CLX or Shinki? Probably not. But in all fairness, the standards on this forum are pretty damn high and this jacket looks just fine. I have a cheapo cowhide Johnson Car Coat I picked up from ebay for very little money that I had like 5 internal pockets sewn into the lining for just the same purpose as you have for this Indy jacket..

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

I bought it years ago from US Wings. While I don’t particularly like Indy jackets...and I don’t care for Indiana Jones movies...it was dirt-cheap...and on super-duper sale...so I bought it. I figured I’d try and forget that it was an Indy jacket and just think of it as a horsehide nineteen-thirties work jacket. But, truthfully, didn’t wear it much until recently. I guess I’ve never been able to totally block out the Indy connotation.

Surprisingly, it has proved to be good travel jacket. Its leather, so it is a good windbreaker. But it also has insulation behind it’s liner...so it’s fairly warm. Not N-3A warm, but much warmer than an A-2 or a G-1. Second, it doesn’t have knits. None at the cuff and none at the hem. This makes wearing under layers, such as fleece vests and wool sweaters, much easier. Third, it’s got lots of functional pockets. Hand warmer pockets, cargo pockets (with snapped flaps), and interior pockets. Perfect for carrying the assortment of stuff I always seem to have with me when I travel.

Finally...while it’s not beautiful, it’s not totally butt ugly, either. It can be worn with jeans...or khakis and a dress shirt...making it very versatile for when you can pack only one jacket. I found this out when I was in New Orleans last week. The temperature there set record lows...nineteen degrees, one morning...so I basically lived in the jacket and was darn thankful to have it.

View attachment 103742

AF

An Indy is like an A2 with improvements (no knits and an action back) and you've just described for me why i wear leather. It ain't really about the looks. Practical, durable, easy to travel with and versatile. Looking good. Have you lost weight?

Reactions: A-1

A-1

One Too Many
Somebody took a nice photo while I was playing a show on Saturday. I was wearing an Indigofera shirt. It’s not really a jacket but I liked the photo.
Been wearing my Buco all the time. Will be switching into the Thedi when it’s getting warmer in the next days, what it’s supposed to be getting.

e47b18a8225dafaae371fb52e2d81de6.jpg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Very short way to a bar at the end of the street and the mild (though rainy) weather allowed me to wear and snap a picture of the America zipped up with only a t-shirt under it. It also works with the heavy sweater under it, but it looks fairly bockwurst that way, so I try to avoid zipping it up when I wear more layers.. :D

edit: resized picture

kdxDXWQ.jpg

Very short way to a bar at the end of the street and the mild (though rainy) weather allowed me to wear and snap a picture of the America zipped up with only a t-shirt under it. It also works with the heavy sweater under it, but it looks fairly bockwurst that way, so I try to avoid zipping it up when I wear more layers.. :D

kdxDXWQ.jpg
Man I need a Vanson CR...that looks great JJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner