Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nice!
Nick, what is the plane on the background?
Indeed Howard?

Not entirely sure. I walked by it and just concluded it was “a beefy looking Piper Cub variant”. Lol. They had some cool stuff there we missed. Got called into work early. :/

Missed a U-2 from Beale flyby...we saw the T-33/P-80 which was special but the jet noises don’t compare to the afternurner of a modern-day jet. They had flying P-38s, and F-4 Corsair, B-17, DeHavilland Vampire, F-22/35, V-22, which we missed sadly. Static they had a Lockheed Vega and the new X-44 drone unveiled to the public which were noteworthy.

Brimaco Cycle Champ arrived and I am sporting it. A bit looser fit than i am used to and as such won't get much wear on the bike. It also is too lightweight, ain't doing much but going along for the ride if I go down.

It is a 44 and based on some numbers I found on this site, the 42 would be too small. So it is a 44 or bust for me in this style jacket by this maker.

Will be a good jacket to wear while out and about though. Dark leather yet supple and easy to wear. I imagine it will break in nicely.

The shoulder studs were missing so I installed some I had on-hand. Not exact but close enough. Did not even need an awl as the slits were already in the epaulets.

Overall, can't and won't complain.
CC.jpg

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Too warm to wear a jacket today but I wanted to follow up on JMax's comment about adding metalwork. Probably the best place to order from I've found, if someone needs to replace or to add their own is Standard Rivet Company. They've been around over 100 years, not sure but I'd guess they were the suppliers to the jacket makers and customizers back in the day.

thor

One Too Many
12F1ED18-6E46-4B24-9EBF-28C2C8B46199.jpeg

I decided my everyday work jacket (USW black G-1) needed extra storage. I sewed in a drop-pocket similar to a Flying Tigers AVG blood chit pocket except I used an 8 by 10 inch Merchant Marine flag.
It’s perfect to hold paperwork that you don’t want to fold into tiny dimensions to jam into a regular pocket. Every day captains need to fill out a myriad amount of paperwork (Coast Guard reports, fuel logs, maintenance sheets, check-off lists, etc) so this new drop pocket will really come in handy!

Flightengineer

Practically Family
It’s perfect to hold paperwork that you don’t want to fold into tiny dimensions to jam into a regular pocket. Every day captains need to fill out a myriad amount of paperwork

Good solution, great pocket.
About paperworks ... as all this is familiar :) The same story :) not need to carry in pocket, and it pleases, but there are a looooot of papers.

Too warm to wear a jacket today but I wanted to follow up on JMax's comment about adding metalwork. Probably the best place to order from I've found, if someone needs to replace or to add their own is Standard Rivet Company. They've been around over 100 years, not sure but I'd guess they were the suppliers to the jacket makers and customizers back in the day.

Great site. I will give them a shot. Studs and Spikes also is pretty good.

nkang

One of the Regulars
Thanks nkang. I might prefer it a size larger. I do think the Ike jacket is one of the best menswear jacket designs ever.

Michael
I agree. I'm having an Ike-style tailor made with a bit of a modern taste, like slightly longer length and using wool shell. Very excited.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I agree. I'm having an Ike-style tailor made with a bit of a modern taste, like slightly longer length and using wool shell. Very excited.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Cool. Will look forward to seeing it.

Michael

Reactions: A-1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana